Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    I have woke up to snow in the past...but in my tent, not hammock. I am looking forward to testing my winter hanging skills. Packing it all in my backpack was a challenge, but it's all in there.
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    XLC
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    wookie
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I packed most of my stuff last night. Since I don't have my backpacking setup yet(coming for xmas gift) I'm having to make do with a couple different bags. Sure I'll be a sight to see when I get there. .....It's almost 5 hours for me so I say I should be there around 9. See you guys there.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultra Light
    Tarp
    Equinox 8x10
    Insulation
    Army Poncho Liner
    Suspension
    Webbing + Whoopies
    Well, all I can say is that you will all be in for a treat. I am having to pull out my big pack from the late 80's. To keep the suspense up, lets just say there might be some dayglow going on, and its not a good color (the ladies will be jealous)! I won't have to worry about hunters at least.
    “the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth" - Chief Seattle

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Smarticle and I were just out backpacking last weekend, so we are pretty much already packed. Because we are doing more elaborate cooking and are within parking range, I will probably bring a small cooler and box of goodies also. Temps are almost exactly what we experienced last week; of course we had neither liquid nor solid percip so we ensure we are prepared for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    Well, all I can say is that you will all be in for a treat. I am having to pull out my big pack from the late 80's. To keep the suspense up, lets just say there might be some dayglow going on, and its not a good color (the ladies will be jealous)! I won't have to worry about hunters at least.
    Anything which keeps the hunters away is a welcome sight. Looking forward to meeting you all.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Just now saw this but am within the blast radius or biological fall out radius of Anniston according to that map.

I will have to try and make the next one. Have a great time this weekend!
    Home is where you hang it.

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    Must have pictures or it did not happen.

Hammock
    XLC
    Tarp
    WB
    Insulation
    wookie
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I'm all packed and ready. If the weather ends up being predicted for sleet/snow for Sat night I may come home on Saturday. I'll be pulling an enclosed trailer(dropping a motorcycle off on the way there) and don't want to be driving it on bad roads.

hope yall have fun
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    Thanks for thinking about us. Sorry you can't make it. Tomorrow morning we will be having a Lumber Jack breakfast: eggs, sausage, hash browns, and cheese casserole in the dutch oven (disclaimer--dutch ovens used were not made by our Dutch). Saturday night will be Lamb Stew with dumplings and fresh veggies.

Have you seen our weather? Here is the latest for Saturday night/Sunday morning: 80% of a rain/snow mix beginning around 5am. (disclaimer--subject to change, YMMV).
    weather.com hourly forecast.

Stay warm and dry. We will definately be doing this more. In fact, I am already looking at a spring weekend in the Sipsey. Stay tuned for more.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    I am game for a spring weekend at Sipsey, been wanting to get over there. Weather looking interesting for Sat night and Sunday morning...I got snowed in on Cheaha Mt. once....that was interesting....
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast