View Poll Results: Have you tried HH?

Voters
240. You may not vote on this poll
  • I currently own or I have owned or used a HH.

191 79.58%
  • I have never owned or used a HH.

49 20.42%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Have owned & used a HH for at least four years. Ceterus parabus it is the finest hammock on the market. It can (& I have) be modified to make it even more comfortable and effective. Also own a Bana & an ENO. I installed 3/4" polyester webbing straps on the Bana several years ago. Unfortunately, installing webbing straps can (& has been reported to) lead to rain water leaking (capillary action) into the hammock during a downpour. The ENO is a nice hammock. It will take another paradigm shift in the hammock world before the HH is knocked from it's overall 'top dog' status and becomes obsolete.
    Chuck

I agree with HH being a great start. I've had mine for about three years and like it. That being said I will probably switch to a Speer eventually. I had no idea what I was looking at when I first got into hammocks and HH looked like it was the most complete option. You are far ahead of where I was just by being on this forum though. Use one for a while and figure out what features you like and dislike. Try out some of the mods. You will have a better understanding of the alternatives if you do decide to switch to another hammock design.

I have two hennessys and my daughter has a hyperlite, we like them and I don't see myself using anything else.

Hennessy, ultra light backpacker model and SS, have no plans to change unless I can manage to get my hands on a "Bridgeskin". HH is the best turn key solution on the market. I have a travel hammock, but for set up ease and simplicity, when I wander in the woods I take the HH.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I've laid in a Hennessy one time and thought it was comfortable enough, but I didn't like the idea of going through a trap door to get in and out of the thing. Just too much effort, if you ask me. I'm much more comfortable in a top loading hammock.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    A Hennessy Explorer was my first camping hammock. I was VERY excited; thought I was da bomb-diggity. It was less than a month later that I got the Warbonnet and I just liked it better, so I switched.

I do think much of the popularity is due to the 'all-in-one' factor and the marketing. It was the first camping hammock I heard about and has one of the most informative web sites in the hammock industry.

I still have my Hennessy and use it as a back-up or as a demo for folks to try hanging.

Hammock
    HH Asym Expedition
    Tarp
    McCat Delux
    Insulation
    JRB Top and bottom
    Images
    I don't own a hammock but I am drawn to the HH system in part because it give me (in my limited experience and opinion) the best "1 stop shop" when it comes to getting into the hammock thing. I see and read about all the DYI mods that you can do but that is VERY intimidating to me. I like as someone else said about HH being pretty much ready to go out of the box.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    A Hennessy Explorer was my first camping hammock. I was VERY excited; thought I was da bomb-diggity. It was less than a month later that I got the Warbonnet and I just liked it better, so I switched.

I do think much of the popularity is due to the 'all-in-one' factor and the marketing. It was the first camping hammock I heard about and has one of the most informative web sites in the hammock industry.

I still have my Hennessy and use it as a back-up or as a demo for folks to try hanging.
    The turn-key solution of the Hennessy is what drew me in. I still like my Explorer a lot, but aren't much of a fan of the bottom entry.

Being a man of many hammocks I got a Warbonnet just before the bridge hammock infection set in. I just haven't given it much use yet. I really like its zippered entry. I think it is an excellent choice by Cannibal for the thru-hike---light, comfortable, enclosed if needed. Plus the killer UQ WBG is cooking up. Excellent competition for the HH...if only the patent issues could be negotiated to let it out on the open market.

Grizz

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have an UltraLight Travel Hammock and a Skeeter-Beeter Travel Hammock but still prefer my HH ULB.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Excellent competition for the HH...if only the patent issues could be negotiated to let it out on the open market.

Grizz
    Yes, very true. Competition is a marvelous thing and I look forward to who comes-up with the next major innovation. Maybe something like a backpack and hammock all in one. Maybe that's just a dream.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast