WBBB 1.0 Dbl & DIY 1.5 Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben Baby !
    Insulation
    Phoenix's&Burrow's
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images

Hammock Gear PR at the highest level, I am humbled and indebted to you guys.

I just wanted to post this to express to others how helpful the team at Hammock gear have been for me over the last few weeks.

After a few email's backwards and forwards with Jenny and Adam over about 2 days I had decided which way I wanted to go etc with what quilts.
    There responses were always quick and answered my questions and any other grey area's I may have had which was as I expected going off the reviews on here and others delight in the quality of the gear.

On the 11th October I placed an order for a 3 Season Crowsnest and Burrow with 900 fill down.....Now the wait.

Then on the 2nd November I received the email I had been waiting for.......USPS shipping and tracking details from Hammock Gear.

To say I was exited would be a bit of an underrated comment.......I was on the USPS tracking site every few hours trying to see where they were etc.

Understandably I was a little distressed when I check to see the quilt's had arrived at customs "Mexico" !!!! WTF I'm in Australia.

After a few quick emails with Jenny which I must say where very very quickly responded to it was discovered from USPS that the quilts were in Australia and it was a glitch in the tracking system.
    Jenny was just a concerned as me about them being send to the wrong location but USPS were adamant it was just a technical glitch for the tracking !!!
    Fewww, that's a relief, Gosh imagine if they had been lost or wrongly sent somewhere......

Throughout all this I have been slowly ticking down the clock for a 5-6 night trip to Mt Kosciusko next weekend leaving 27th November, This would be the longest trip backpacking for me so far. Also the others I am travelling with are all ground campers so I'm keen to shown them how to hang in comfort (they all think I'll freeze and i'm keen to prove them wrong)

I started to get a bit concerned early last week as the quilts were still showing as arriving in Mexico but they hadn't moved in a few days which was odd.
    Another few emails with hammock gear and a bit of frustration was showing through regarding USPS and there lack of care.
    It was at this stage that they started talking about an emergency quilt set so I could still go on my trip, I must say I didn't expect that one !!!

I ended up calling Australia post as at this point USPS was still saying the quilts were in Australia.
    After a very short 3 minute hold I was quickly telling the lady the tracking code etc....Oh she says, they are actually in Mexico....They have been "rebagged" by USPS and resent on the 16th......
    Why USPS couldn't just tell Jenny this I don't know and also it was frustrating that none of this was appearing on the tracking website. Even now there is no update.
    Also the lady from Australia post said that the package will probably not arrive before the 27th, In other words, I was screwed without quilts.......

Again back onto Jenny at Hammock gear and within about an hour the decision had been made that they would send out an "emergency" quilt set express mail so I could still go on my trip. Also it's worth mentioning that this was offered by them without me suggesting anything.

I was so humbled that these guys could be so so helpful.
    Last Friday only about 24 hours after finding out the quilts had actually be wrongly sent to Mexico by USPS the team at Hammock gear had a replacement set in the post, express airmail on the way.

How great is that for customer service.

The "emergency" set will be a loaner TQ and the UQ will be the same as my spec's anyway and new.
    I can see what will happen now, I'll end up with two sets for the trip but there is no guarantee that will happen.
    As the emergency set is posted express mail they have a guarantee on the delivery so it will be a definite that at least they will be here. Guaranteed for delivery on or by the 24th November so I'm all set,

None of this has been at the fault of Hammock gear, It's all been USPS but I can only express huge gratitude for the help and understanding that Jenny and Adam have had.
    Never in my life have I dealt with such an understanding small business that has gone so far beyond my expectations to have a quilt set "Lasered" to me for the trip....
    If anyone out there knows of other companies that would go to these length's to help someone out on the other side of the planet please let me know. I'm yet to find one....

Thanks a bunch Jenny and Adam, You guys are the best.
    :boggle

P.S

Any Aussies looking to buy a Crowsnest 3 Season with 900 fill, let me know.
    If the original package turns up I have discussed selling the "emergency" Crowsnest within Australia for Hammock Gear. It would be a great buy for another Aussie as for starters there will be a saving on the postage and the added plus of instant delivery.
    P.M me if your interested.
    Last edited by pig.slayer; 11-22-2010 at 00:46.

Hammock
    NX-150 TX-150
    Tarp
    Vertex-Camo
    Insulation
    Z-Liner & DIY Pads
    Suspension
    Clark
    Thank you sir for an awesome report . . .

I have talked to Adam on the phone regarding other issues . . .

. . . and felt that he and his wife were cut from high quality cloth . . .

I hope you have an awesome trip and I can't wait to here how that turns out.

Stay safe
    Bradley SaintJohn
    Flat Bottom Canoe
    Start A Biz

The Transition from Ground Sleeping to Hammocks
    is the Conversion from Agony To Ecstasy,
    and Curing Ground-In-somnia.

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things . . ." Jeremiah 33:3
    ΙΧΘΥΣ

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    now thats some impressive over seas customre service. And you know that the emergency quilts are going to be so great your gonna ask them how much that set is as well . I hope you post pics and a trip report ill be looking forward to reading it. Have a safe fun trip.
    ~LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    or some of your fellows on the ground will try your hammock one afternoon and decide they MUST have it! so you will be able to sell them the loaners at a premium! Win-win-win!
    KM (eternal optimist!)

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Excellent post and another kudos for the cottage industry people here on HF. I hope you enjoy the quilts and make some converts on the trip while you are out on the trail. Please post a trail report and some photos of these quilts.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    I recall walking to the top of Kosciusko. There weren't any trees up there. Just saying...

Awesome views, though, and easy enough to come down to the treeline.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your story of HG's customer service, as it serves as a needed balance to the other recent threads. I'm also glad to hear it because I just ordered some quilts from them myself!

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Thanks for posting this tale of AWESOME customer service! Adam & Jenny deserve, "Cottage Industry of the Year" award for this one!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap

Thumbs up

This post is a great read. It is well deserved praise for Jenny and Adam.
    Terry

• + New Posts