WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    MLD Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Thankful for Hammocks!

Since we're having the kids and their families over for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow (they're all at the in-laws today), I got to go over to the university and set up my new hammocks.

This is the first time I've been able to set up each hammock with all its components. The two hammocks are an HH Backpacker Ultralite and a Warbonnet Blackbird.

The first up is a WBBB with an MLD green Cuben Hammock fly. I pitched the tarp with one side raised on hiking poles, then took it down close to the hammock as in bad weather. The MLD fly gives great coverage, and is very lightweight. Also included is an interior view, and a photo of the MLD tarp pitched lower for bad weather.

The HHBU is clearly smaller, as well as lighter weight, than the WBBB. The fly is very small, and I will likely get a different fly for it.

I haven't slept in either yet. While both are comfortable (BTW I am a side sleeper), 15 minutes in each doesn't tell the whole tale, I'm sure. The WBBB has the edge for comfort - very roomy, very comfortable in any position. Either hammock is a huge step up in comfort from sleeping on the ground!

I find I like the bishop bag better than the snakeskins for the hammock. It seems than trying to squeeze everything into the very skinny snakeskins. On the other hand, I am getting snakeskins for my flies - they seem ideal for that: Put the fly up in the skins, keeping it ready to deploy if it rains but otherwise out of the way. I'll have to get or make a bishop bag for the HH.

At this point I expect I'll use the WBBB on most backpack trips, and keep the HH for either longer trips when I really need to keep the weight down, or for my son when he hikes with me - he;s young and doesn't need the ultimate in comfort, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    BIAS 11 footer
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    pitbull Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Enjoyed the report, Grampa. Heres hoping that you and your family enjoy a wonderful holiday together.
    Ken T.

“Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.”
    ― John Muir
    Watches synchronized, sharp mind and empty bladder. You get caught, demand an attorney and don't ever say my name. - Agent Simmons
    "With your eyes closed you can't tell the difference between Tyvek and Cuben." - Knotty

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Good read thanks for sharing!
    Terry

• + New Posts