After reading some threads on here and some thinking, I did some altering my quilts. I have a PLTQ, IXTQ, PLUQ, and IXUQ. The PLTQ is plenty long so I cut about 8" off the top and hemmed it. I took the piece I cut off and made a square for a footbox and sewed that in. I used the rest to make a 30" x 7" draft tube that I added to the IXUQ. I used some polyester batting and some nylon to make a draft tube for the other end of the IXUQ. I set things up in the yard and had the wife check for leaks. I put the PL on the inside and the IX on the outside. My IX was made with limited IX. I sewed a1" tube every
6"s and this made my IX less than planned. My UQ is 2 layers only in the center 25" of it's 40" width and the TQ is double layer only 40" out of it's 52" width. They have a nylon covering both sides.
I got in it out in the yard at 33 degrees F. and was plenty warm. I had warmed up setting things up and the sun was shining. I will try again at dark. I had fleece pants and 2 lite poly pro tops and no hat. I will put a vest and hat on later. I can still pull the PLTQ over my head if needed. The IXTQ just comes to my neck. Lots to tuck in around the neck and shoulders.