WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Have you also considered relocating some of the production processes to areas in the US with a far lower standard of living than say, Colorado where you are based?

I know there are a lot of parts in this country where unemployment is high, the cost of living is low and has skilled and qualified people to pull this off. Even if isn't a full-time gig for them it is money in an American's pocket and just a little help to dig us out of the economic mess we currently find ourselves in.

I'd feel much better knowing that my camping/backpacking equipment, which I have the privilege of spending often-not-had disposable income on, possibly fed a family or prevented another foreclosure...

If the products are going to be sourced, why didn't the prices come down?

I'm personally disappointed, but I understand how business works as a sales rep in the industry. I'm only one person though...

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Saint View Post
    If the products are going to be sourced, why didn't the prices come down?

I'm personally disappointed, but I understand how business works as a sales rep in the industry. I'm only one person though...
    Why don't prices come down? GREED

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Old River Rat View Post
    Weird... I thought people went into business to make money? I guess I was wrong. I do understand this Brandon. As long as the quality stays best in class, I guess I can't complain much.
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Images
    prices did come down, look at the website, the mj and edge are $85, they were 115$.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I have a bit of trouble following this logic to a conclusion that makes sense to me. This thinking would suggest that every HF cottage gear maker (and every other business owner, for that matter) should reduce prices if they actually make more money. That could mean no funds for expansion, no new product development, no more hiring, no raises for employees (or owners), inability to upgrade production line equipment...not to mention a bleak future for the entrepreneurs who put their financial well-being on the line to start a business. How much success or financial reward is "enough"? I don't know the answer to that one.

I'm all about market competition. We "vote" for companies and their products by opening our wallets...or by closing them whenever we think things are out of line. Our economic system is a LONG way from being perfect, but it does many things pretty well.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    Clark NX150
    Tarp
    OES 12x15, SF
    Insulation
    MW4, NO Snivler
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    I hope my two tarps where not made in China! I Always try and buy everything made here in the USA. I would pay extra for a quality product made here, and offen do. It's getting harder, and harder though. I pay about twice the amount for my work boots that are made in the USA. Then the more then average ones made in china. And thats just my boots!!

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    I have a bit of trouble following this logic to a conclusion that makes sense to me. This thinking would suggest that every HF cottage gear maker (and every other business owner, for that matter) should reduce prices if they actually make more money. That could mean no funds for expansion, no new product development, no more hiring, no raises for employees (or owners), inability to upgrade production line equipment...not to mention a bleak future for the entrepreneurs who put their financial well-being on the line to start a business. How much success or financial reward is "enough"? I don't know the answer to that one.

I'm all about market competition. We "vote" for companies and their products by opening our wallets...or by closing them whenever we think things are out of line. Our economic system is a LONG way from being perfect, but it does many things pretty well.
    Excellent points, Beep
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post

I am far from an expert Beep. I may be entirely wrong. If I am, sorry. But I would want to ask . . . Where is the expansion? Where is the hiring? What raises for employees where? Where is the production line? I heard once . . . That Barbie doll clothes are made in China. The people who make the clothes can not even afford to purchase a Barbie doll. Like I say. I am not an expert. I am not going to argue. I just have an opinion. Thats all.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KayakCarl View Post
    I hope my two tarps where not made in China! I Always try and buy everything made here in the USA. I would pay extra for a quality product made here, and offen do. It's getting harder, and harder though. I pay about twice the amount for my work boots that are made in the USA. Then the more then average ones made in china. And thats just my boots!!

haven't shipped out any of the import items yet. i posted this as soon as they became avail through the website.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast