Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HGCub/Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HGP/SSF/JRBHR/HGBu
    Suspension
    line/ring/strap
    This thread's a'fire! And I like stoves!

One World, NAFTA, Cottage Industry...lots of catch phrases.

1) Brandon, you're my hero for putting it out and letting people know. I hate sneaks and you ain't one.

2) My views are local in nature, but I would like to think we can keep our business in town. If we start one and it goes well, I'd like to think the people we hire are from our community.

3) The biz model for a "home business" is very different from one looking at national distribution to a chain.

4) Looking after our neighbors (Americans) and the American economy is local in nature--no pain intended to that sino-worker at $1.50 per hour--and national trade law, which sets duties and fees, also sets the national standard. Big biz--McDoug teaching the Chinese how to build commercial aircraft, and sewing hammocks, is only scale. In each case, each business executive, decides if "its busness" or conscience. I'm old, I've already screwed up too many times, I understand business, and I vote conscience.

5) America, next year and long after, will only return to strength when we produce more than we consume. Hammcoks are a small part, but each of us, not just Brandon, needs to suck it up.

6) I often sleep very comfortably in a Warbonnet. I'd buy it from him or from Hang Hi, but I'd prefer to buy it from Brandon.. Keep up the good work, warbonnetguy.

One more time--kudos to Brandon for bringing the subject up and letting us know. Our local and national choices are expensive and difficult...We do what we do at the expense of our children and grandchildren...

Ken

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    No offence and I'm new here but I find it funny how people on HF can't discuss things openly and without malice without being to to be quiet. If it's not about a piece of string or some nylon with rope on it it's out of bounds.

Can't intelligent people discuss even hammock related issues?

Brandon makes an anouncement and people have thoughts on the matter .. do the moderators expect everyone to just bite their tongues and only nod in approval or the apple cart is somehow upset?
    The role of greed in business and words like chicoms are clearly off-topic for this HAMMOCK site...so yes, we do expect you to bite your tongue. If you feel the need to post on these issues, then by all means find somewhere to post it. But it doesn't belong here.

We discuss hammocks, related gear and techniques, and even the business practices of hammock vendors. But business practices in general, politics, religion, etc...clearly off topic for this site.

I really don't understand why some members feel like their freedom of speech is curtailed because we try to keep HF's unique niche on the internet. We don't comment on your right to have opinions...just on your privilege to post some of those opinions on this site.

Any further off-topic posts in this thread will be deleted.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Congrats, Brandon. You have great products (I own three of your BB's and a Yeti,) you have an eye for innovation, and you have always been a standup guy to me. Being successful in business means sometimes making some hard choices. You will make the choices that are right for yourself, and for your business. You will always have my support.

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    i know this is a touchy subject and this thread isn't meant to spark a big discussion
    So much for that idea....but let me toss in my thoughts just to make it a bit longer.

Brandon,
    You've received some good encouragement and words of caution. It's clear that everyone here wants to see you in business for years to come.

There are many options for you to source your sewing, and I'm sure you'll find what makes sense for you. You are ultimately the only one who can do that. This was the subject of your original post -- letting us know you are considering options.

As you explore your options, I would encourage you to keep in mind the reasons for your success so far. We've never met, and I don't currently own any of your products, but I've seen your products first hand and know you (and your sewers) make a first class product. So even I know that two of your reasons for success are innovation and high quality. And based on testimonials, great customer service is another reason.

Never have I heard or read that someone purchased a Warbonnet product because it was the least expensive option. Price does play a part, but your customers clearly value your quality, innovation, and "Made in America", above how much it costs. Cheaper is not always better.

I wish you well as you move your business forward.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Rhino
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    The role of greed in business and words like chicoms are clearly off-topic for this HAMMOCK site...so yes, we do expect you to bite your tongue. If you feel the need to post on these issues, then by all means find somewhere to post it. But it doesn't belong here.

We discuss hammocks, related gear and techniques, and even the business practices of hammock vendors. But business practices in general, politics, religion, etc...clearly off topic for this site.

I agree with this and I stand corrected.

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    Crow's Nest/RayWay
    Images
    I am the proud owner of two American made WB Black Bird hammocks. If in the future I decide to purchase another product from WB that was manufactured overseas, I'll check the quality of construction carefully, and compare with my American made BBs. If the quality lives up to the same high standards I will be content with my purchase, and return to WB for future needs.

sky

Hammock
    HHULB
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    Yeti & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Soon we are going to be on the look out for knock-off Warbonnets! I think the value of my MJ just went up. Congrats Brandon.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    To get back on some hammock subjects. Is the silnylon BMJ really only 2oz heavier and 3" wider than the spinn? All for $85

Big Mamajamba
    132"x117"
    11 oz
    Spinn UL

Big Mamajamba (i)
    132"x120"
    13 oz
    Silnylon

I think the value of my MJ just went up.
    Maybe not

Images
    i just weighed them, didn't weigh the spinn mj, but i'm thinking that one is accurate as well.

spinn is about 1.0 osy, this stuff is probably closer to 1.2 than 1.3 osy, don't recall the exact osy weight but it is a bit lighter than before.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    all i know is that i want to trade my double 1.1 gray for double 1.1 black. anyone interested?

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast