Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images

Incubator Suspension

OK, I just got my 3S Incubator, but I am having some trouble with how to hang it. It has an s-biner on each end, but where should that attach? The "losest" I can attach it is to the whoopie/larks head where it runs through the channel, but that just seems too tight. The Skeeter Beeter Pro is longer than the WBBB by 6", I believe, so will I have to lenthen the shock cord?

Please post pics of your set ups (I am a visual kind of guy...)
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I had the opposite problem when I hung my Incubator on a short hammock (Speer)...I cut the shockcords, and put cord locks on them.

This could turn into a very interesting thread.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Maccat ultra
    Insulation
    incubator+burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I've got mine attached on the metal rings in at the end of the adjustable loop on my whoopie slings on my WBBB, and it seems to be just the right tension. Don't know that this really helps you though. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I use an eno with whoopies and just clip the s biner on the adjustable loop side of my whoopies. The incubator was sopt on the first time. Now I just need to set up some of that extra shock cord on a center tab to run over the top.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Have you laid in the hammock with the incubator set up? Tight suspension is good on an underquilt, especially in a longer hammock. It helps to keep the underquilt up snug on the ends. On my trek light double, I put the shock cord around the whipping, then attach the s-biner to my ridgeline, effectively pulling the incubator even tighter against the hammock.

Hammock
    WL Light Owl/Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WBBMJ Spinn+doors
    Insulation
    HammockGear Down!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I'm with Fin. Hang it tight. The incubator hangs pretty good on the BB naturally, but I'm going to hang mine quite a bit tighter this weekend to try to close up a gap on my right shoulder.
    "One of the best things you can do in this world is take a nap in the woods." ~ Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry

"While it may be a lot of work, the view is best from the summit." ~ an anonymous staff member of Philmont Scout Ranch

Enjoy the day
    Shane

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    I just spoke to Adam (Thanks, by the way!). It is important to remember that I have never seen any UQ other than pics here and the one I made, and even with that one, I stuggled with how it should be suspended. My real concern was that it was so snug that the hammock was laying in the UQ. Adam assured me that for the 10' 6" Skeeter Beeter, that was perfect!

Thanks to Hurricanes Erin and Opal ('96) and Ivan ('04) and Dennis ('05), there is only 1 tree left in my yard large enough to hang from, and it is hard to hang from only 1 tree. I had set up the hammock with 2 non-structural points (car and decorative porch post), so I was not actually able to get in the hammock. That should explain my perdicament fairly well.

After talking it over with Adam, I will be going out with it in the field on Friday night. We'll see how it works out!
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

• + New Posts