Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 double
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

winter incubator

Oh yea, just received the paypal shipping notice that my winter incubator has been shipped. Can't wait. Thanks Adam.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Full UQ/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Got my shipping notice the day before yesterday. The timing is perfect, regular snow starts this Monday, yay!

Looks like quite a push on Hammockgear's part getting these orders out... just in time to start making all those 3/4 length quilts sold during the Black Friday sale.

Kudos to Hammockgear!
    "The green earth, say you? That is itself a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day." -Aragorn, 'The Two Towers' by J.R.R. Tolkien

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Got my shipping notice this AM. Just in time for next weekend's NJ/PA hang :fingerscrossed:
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 double
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I have a winter trip planned over my Christmas break so I was very happy to find out I would have the UQ for the trip. Can't wait to get it. Love me some gear.

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images

Early Christmas Gift

Due to an approaching pre-winter storm here in southern Ontario, I was in the middle of setting up for an overnight hang on the back deck when I got an early Christmas present for my Wife. I was shocked to find a stealth black Winter Incubator in the box!

To date most of my gear is DIY, this includes a converted sleeping bag UQ which I’ve had problems with in sub zero conditions but... a cold hang is better than no hang in my opinion and we were getting some snow…

My family felt the situation called for an early gift giving so!!! I had a GREAT night, there was a minor cold spot in the beginning but quickly fixed that with a bit of shock cord over the ridgeline around the midsection (using the side loops in the Incubator). I under-estimated the thermal value of 5” of down and had to lose a few articles of clothing around 3am but slept comfortably after that, until I heard “Are you still alive out there” around 8:30.

The Winter Incubator is truly a superior product, I’ve been thread injecting long enough to respect and admire the craftsmanship. With cap-in-hand, thank you Adam & Jenny! My Wife was excited to present it and I was “more so” to receive this awesome gift. This marks the beginning of an exciting winter camping season!

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by flair4040 View Post
    I have a winter trip planned over my Christmas break so I was very happy to find out I would have the UQ for the trip. Can't wait to get it. Love me some gear.
    I also have a trip planned right after Christmas, and I just got the notice my Incubator should be arriving before then. I hope I'll have time to field test it at home before my trip!

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    JRB 10X11, MacCat
    Insulation
    Snugfit, 2 JRBs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakozacho View Post
    I also have a trip planned right after Christmas, and I just got the notice my Incubator should be arriving before then. I hope I'll have time to field test it at home before my trip!
    I want one so you guys are killing me...(Bug-bait...show some restraint, show some discipline.....:^)

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0DL
    Tarp
    Hammockgear Cuben
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ+TQ
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flair4040 View Post
    Oh yea, just received the paypal shipping notice that my winter incubator has been shipped. Can't wait. Thanks Adam.
    I would also like to get such a notice!
    But I probably need to give StormCrow some money first.....
    No longer with a great "Yukon Yak Fever"

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

My pictures:My Picasa-album

My paracord-webshop:Webshop
    Sorry dudes, only in Swedish (so far).

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by [o]TTeR View Post
    Due to an approaching pre-winter storm here in southern Ontario, I was in the middle of setting up for an overnight hang on the back deck when I got an early Christmas present for my Wife. I was shocked to find a stealth black Winter Incubator in the box!

To date most of my gear is DIY, this includes a converted sleeping bag UQ which I’ve had problems with in sub zero conditions but... a cold hang is better than no hang in my opinion and we were getting some snow…

My family felt the situation called for an early gift giving so!!! I had a GREAT night, there was a minor cold spot in the beginning but quickly fixed that with a bit of shock cord over the ridgeline around the midsection (using the side loops in the Incubator). I under-estimated the thermal value of 5” of down and had to lose a few articles of clothing around 3am but slept comfortably after that, until I heard “Are you still alive out there” around 8:30.

The Winter Incubator is truly a superior product, I’ve been thread injecting long enough to respect and admire the craftsmanship. With cap-in-hand, thank you Adam & Jenny! My Wife was excited to present it and I was “more so” to receive this awesome gift. This marks the beginning of an exciting winter camping season!

That is a cool lookin' rig you got. I like the digi-camo hammock. Is that a DIY or is it a custom Blackbird?

Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Images
    Thanks Mate, its DIY. I'm currently half way through TDF (textile derived fabrication) on a second one and may try ties or shockcord toggles (undecided) to match the side loops on the Incubator. Prior to the Incubator I used a matching "sleeping bag convert" UQ (also in digi-camo), went down to -16c in it but not comfortably.

"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast