Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images

Granger Ranger X-treme Hunt 2011

This years Granger ranger X-treme Hunt has been set; it will be February 25-27, 2011 at Granger Lake, Texas.

No food is allowed packed in on this hunt; you can only eat what you catch, kill or gather. No need to be a hunter to attend; but if you plan to hunt it is archery only and there are a few State license requirements that need to be observed, namely a Type II permit ($48).

Dedicated fishermen (and fisherwomen) are also welcome as well as people who just wanna hang and watch the fun; contributing around camp (firewood, filtering water etc) will ensure you are fed from whatever food is harvested.

Camping is primitive on th banks of the San Gabriel river at Lake Granger. Access is easy either by foot or by boat, shuttle service (by boat) is available as well.

This hunt has been happening for 11 years and the number of hammocks is almost equal to the number of tents now. This years hunt may also be filmed for an upcoming episode on the Outdoor Channel. Shiny huh?

This is an open invitation to all hammockers who would like to attend. This is not your average camping trip; there will be many hours of hunting and fishing as well as general fire watching and fat chewing.

30+ people showed last year.

Here is the thread on texasbowhunter.com if you would like more information.
    GRXH 2011 "We don't rent pigs"

You can post here if you would like to be added to the list or over at texasbowhunter.com; either way is fine. I will add you to the texasbowhunter list if you post here.

So who's in?
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    WBBB-XLC Multicam 1.7 double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly w/door
    Insulation
    R-11
    Suspension
    Over the Shoulder
    Me and I have to type more because my message was too short