Interested in a Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    Not yet decided ?
    Insulation
    Pad &sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Not shure yet ?

Hangin in GA

Hello all, let me start of by saying im not compleatly new to hanging. I once spent fifty three cosecutive nights in a hammock under a lean to. I fell asleep listening to waves crash and woke listening to birds chirp and waves crash. Though lately ive been tent camping i used to do my backpacking from a diy gatherd end hammock and a 8x10 blue utilty tarp. Now that im looking to ditch the tent again i beleave im going to go with a double layer travler with netting and use my ridgerest and marmot hydrogen as a quilt for now. I turn to theese forums for many questions but my first prority as of now is a rain fly. Thanks any and all advice will be conciderd . SAMOSET
    Last edited by samoset; 12-07-2010 at 10:16.

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    samoset - I'm from Newnan though I haven't actually lived there for almost 30 years. Nice to see someone from Newnan on the Forum. stevebo is in Moreland.

For a tarp, check out the "Weather Protection" forum (click "Forums" up above next to "Home"). Decide what style of tarp (minimal, full coverage, winter) you want based on the type of hanging you will do (backpacking, car camping, mostly cold or warm weather, rainy areas, etc), then check out the fabric options (silnylon, PU coated nylon, polyester, Spinntex, cuben) and decide if you want to buy one or make one. If you decide to buy, there are many really great cottage guys who are members here that are fantastic gear makers. If you decide to make, there are instructions and lists of materials suppliers in the forums as well.

Best of luck and welcome!

Jay

Images
    Welcome!!

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Welcome to HammockForums! The answers to all your questions are here!
    That beach setup sounds pretty nice

Hammock
    Interested in a Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    Not yet decided ?
    Insulation
    Pad &sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Not shure yet ?

Question Reconfirmed hammock envy!

I spent last night in the wooded part of my backyard on the ground in my msr hubba atop a FL ridgerest and a 48" neoair with a pillow and still tosed turned and slid off the neoair all night. And lost my pillow. And generally was not as comfortable as i remeber being in any of my past hammocks. The one thing is i was warm but i imagine with the right equip i could eventually remain warm in my hammock. Im looking for durable equip that i can thru~hike with.(FHT this spring) And have some level of flame retardent because id like to use my BBU while sitting in my hammock. Thus little sprks that might blow around in the event of a breeze. Id like the tarp to pitch well on trekking poles and not be to ackward to use when forced to the ground im going to continue reading the forums here and i probably will not order anything untill after the holidays. Oh yeah i forgot to mention im on a tight budget so my decisions will be affected by cost. As always thanks for any and all advice it will be conciderd. SAMOSET

• + New Posts