Tarp
    Claytor JH Tarp
    Insulation
    MontBell SS UL #2
    Suspension
    Descender rings

2 general questions

Hi,

I suppose I should have created 2 threads, one for each question, but here goes (I have a Claytor Jungle Hammock and Fly):

1) Should I have a spreader bar for both ends of the mosquito net? It would seem that I only need one at the head end, but that one at the foot end might be nice but non-essential.

2) Which side do you prefer the hammock zip to be on? The reason for asking this is I need to buy a sleeping bag, so I need to know whether to get a right zip or left zip. I know the hammock can be hung either way, but the sleeping bag can be used only one way. I am right-handed, but I have not actually used the hammock yet, so I don't have a feel for what is 'the right way'. Please reply with your preference, stated as if you were lying on your back in the hammock (i.e. 'right' means the hammock zip is at your right).

Thanks,

A

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Hi,

I suppose I should have created 2 threads, one for each question, but here goes (I have a Claytor Jungle Hammock and Fly):

1) Should I have a spreader bar for both ends of the mosquito net? It would seem that I only need one at the head end, but that one at the foot end might be nice but non-essential.

2) Which side do you prefer the hammock zip to be on? The reason for asking this is I need to buy a sleeping bag, so I need to know whether to get a right zip or left zip. I know the hammock can be hung either way, but the sleeping bag can be used only one way. I am right-handed, but I have not actually used the hammock yet, so I don't have a feel for what is 'the right way'. Please reply with your preference, stated as if you were lying on your back in the hammock (i.e. 'right' means the hammock zip is at your right).

Thanks,

A
    here is a pic from my gallery http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...r&imageuser=11

i made two 14 inch spreaders out of alumnum arrow shafts from bow hunting section at walmart.1 arrow will make 1 pair of spreaders.

i sleep withith my right hand out,but i use a quilt,sleeping bag a hassle and confining in a hammock. neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    claytor
    Insulation
    foam pad
    Suspension
    straps with cinch
    Hummmmmmm... lets see......If I'm in my sleeping bag it must be cold. So I don't have to have my bug net zipped shut. I hold the bug net open by bunching the net up over my torso and keep it open with a small clip. When it's warmer and I need to close the bug net it does not mater which side my bag zips on because I leave my bag unzipped and use it like a top quilt. Hope this helps! 8^)
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

• + New Posts