Tonight it's getting down below 0F, so I decided that it would be a good opportunity to test my cold weather gear. My wife thinks I'm nuts . I set up my WBBB and new model Superfly w/ attached doors today in the daylight but I had to run to the hardware store because the ground was so frozen I had to get some landscaping spikes to use as tarp stakes.

For my insulation I'm using my JRB Rocky Mountain Sniveller as a TQ, a Thermarest pad and my JRB Mount Washington 3 Convertible(MW3C) in full mode as my UQ. I love my MW3C! I can use it in the 2/3 mode all summer long. When I switch it to full mode it's good by itself for most winter conditions (I've had it down to 17F in jeans and a t-shirt and been toasty warm without the pad).

I will be wearing some mid weight poly pro long Johns, Polar-tec waffle weave long johns, fleece long sleeved top and bottoms, down insulated vest and drawers, a rabbit fur hat, scarf, shearling chopper mittens and a pair of my thickest wool socks.

I'm in my back yard so I can bail out if necessary. I'll report how everything goes some time tomorrow. It might take me awhile to post, so don't worry to much that I've become a Beasticle .

Wish me luck!
B