Hennessey Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB 4 season set
    Suspension
    JRB Complete SS

JRB Complete Hammock Suspension System?

I have a stock HH Hyperlite, and I'm looking to upgrade the suspension. I'm not into DIY, and I've had great experience thus far with JRB. I want something quick, easy, that hopefully requires less adjustment, and ultralight.

I'm sure that total package doesn't exist, so my question is will the JRB system be a happy medium given my wish list? Any other suggestions?

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgU View Post
    I have a stock HH Hyperlite, and I'm looking to upgrade the suspension. I'm not into DIY, and I've had great experience thus far with JRB. I want something quick, easy, that hopefully requires less adjustment, and ultralight.

I'm sure that total package doesn't exist, so my question is will the JRB system be a happy medium given my wish list? Any other suggestions?
    DawgU,

The Complete System does exist... find it here... http://www.jacksrbetter.com/HammockSuspensionSystem.htm

In stock too.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Equinox 10 X 12
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season UQ
    I recently bought the JRB continuous system. It is quick, easy and I don't see how you could make it much lighter. I think the price is right too. In fact last time I looked it was on sale! I couldn't have made it diy any cheaper by the time I aquired all the materials and spent the time making it. Love the Dutch clips and beaners . I have 3 hammocks so I bought extra loops so all I have to do is clip on the whoopies from one set.
    "Sometimes only nature felt real, while all human monuments and actions seemed to be the settings and the plots of dreams"

"So many people live in the past or the future and betray the present."

Hammock
    WB Blackbird, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge and Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    I just received this system and tried it out last night in the basement (it's too cold here to be out playing right now for me). It worked great with my HH Expedition and it was very easy once I figured out how to get the loops on.
    If your lucky enough to be outdoors, your lucky enough!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images

Me too

I picked up the JRB system over the black Friday weekend (great sale). I just barely got a chance to install it before my hang last weekend.

I definitely see what the fuss is all about. Before, the stock lines/straps would need to be tweaked/adjusted at least twice before I could get a level pitch. The lines would stretch a bit and the knots set so sometimes I might have to tinker a 3rd time. With the new suspension it was pretty much fire and forget. Attach the straps around the trees with the clips, adjust the whoopies to level the hammock, and hop in.

Question....Is there a tutorial on installing this setup on an HH here on the forums? I've been looking but can only find info on installing whoopies to the end of the HH. The recommended setup from the JRB site is hammock--continuous loops--dutch biner--whoopie--strap--dutch clip. I'm not quite sure I installed the loops on the hammock ends quite right but they seem to be holding just fine.

For now I've just got the fixed end of the whoopie attach via a larks head to one end of the tree straps and the dutch clip on on the other. I'm not sure whether to go this route or use some kind of toggle through the loops instead. I'll keep digging through the sticky threads in search of an answer.

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Through DIY trial-and-error, I eventually wound up with almost exactly the same thing as the JRB system. The only difference is that I don't have any Dutch clips and use biners instead (and my amsteel parts may not be the same exact size), otherwise it has evolved into the exact same thing, and I love it. I even got the tree huggers and Dutch biners from JRB. I'm sure that sooner or later, I'll even get Dutch clips making it a total clone. My suspension also uses different colors on the head and the foot which I find very helpful too.
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    70D HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    JRB HSS(complete)
    I ordered mine the other week. Still waiting on it (I'm in Australia, so I'm hoping it's just taking time and hasn't been lost ) but eager to get it so I can get out and hang!

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zukiguy View Post

Question....Is there a tutorial on installing this setup on an HH here on the forums? I've been looking but can only find info on installing whoopies to the end of the HH. The recommended setup from the JRB site is hammock--continuous loops--dutch biner--whoopie--strap--dutch clip. I'm not quite sure I installed the loops on the hammock ends quite right but they seem to be holding just fine.

For now I've just got the fixed end of the whoopie attach via a larks head to one end of the tree straps and the dutch clip on on the other. I'm not sure whether to go this route or use some kind of toggle through the loops instead. I'll keep digging through the sticky threads in search of an answer.
    On my Exped routed the fixed loop just like the Hennessey stock rope; but instead of finishing with a bowline I ran the standing part of the loop back through the working loop. This way i was able to put the ridgeline on in the stock location as well.

I used a larkshead to my tree straps as well, and this is how the Jacks show it on the website. You could use a toggle but that would just be something else to loose; and kinda defeats the 'all-togetherness' of the suspension system.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    SBP
    Tarp
    Ewotah 10x10
    Insulation
    USGI Woobie
    Suspension
    JRB
    Anyone try this with a Skeeter Beater Pro? Slick!

Hammock
    Hennessey Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB 4 season set
    Suspension
    JRB Complete SS
    I smell a Ho Ho Ho in my future. Thanks!

• + New Posts