DB 72
    Tarp
    WL Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie

Looking at TQ

Ok so I have a double layered DB 72 and HG 0 Incubator on order and was wondering what kind of top quilt you would recommend. Given that I already added some weight(I want my system to be 4 season) I want to know the best 0 degree top quilt that weighs the lightest and packs the smallest.

Also if someone could explain to me the benefits of overfill that would help. Would a 20* TQ with overfill be anywhere close to the 0* regular stuff?

Money is not in question although I would be willing to manage 2 ounces instead of a cuben TQ if I can save a few hunnerd bucks.

Thanks!

Hammock
    DB 72
    Tarp
    WL Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I'm probably going to invest in a Burrow, which would make sense to go with my Incubator unless someone recommends something else. Was checking out Enlightened Equipment quilts and will compare.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I just received a 30 degree burrow. When I ordered it I ask how many degrees per oz of down does overfilling add and I was told approximately 5 degrees per oz so i had them make a 40 degree plus 2 ozs of down. I have also heard on these forums and actually from Adam at hammock gear that the quilts are good for a few degrees lower than advertised. Looks like you have made up your mind about the burrow and that is good but I'd call them and ask about the overfill. They are very easy to talk to and very helpful.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Also wanted to add Tim at enlightened equipment is a good fella too. He also has very good customer service. He helped me out on a DIY quilt one time before I knew he owned the company. He could have just sold me one but instead told me how to make one. Great guy too. Honestly the reason I went with hammock gear is because the prices are a little lower and he was so highly recommended here on hammockforums. If money is not in the equation I'd say each company is equal in customer service and in quality.

Edit: I haven't been on enlightened's website for a while and I see the have a revelation x quilt that is in hammock gear's price point. They look to be a little heavier and are made with cosmetic second rip stop material though. If function over form is more important there is another option.
    Last edited by JasonByers; 09-27-2012 at 22:33.

Hammock
    DB 72
    Tarp
    WL Oldman Winter
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Cool man thanks! Yea I have come to find out that all these makers are pretty sweet Looks like a ton of TQ are comparable to price, down and weight but can one assume they are similar in stuff size?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    If I were in your shoes, I would call Adam and ask him to make me a 0* Burrow with M50 outer and inner shells. Light, water resistant, warm.

My .02
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    the one I'm sleeping in
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben asym
    Insulation
    EE TQ, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    I just got an Epiphany from Enlightened Equipment. I love it. 20 degree pluse VBL (mine is cuben). 1 lbs, packs reasonably well. I don't stuff it as tight as I could... It's the .33 oz veriety, so I do need to be a bit careful.

Good luck with your quest, you've got some great choices.
    Ryan

With our powers combined... we should be able to get these hammocks out of the dirt.

• + New Posts