WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    Thanks to everyone for their words of wisdom.
    KJ
    Well then I'll chime in to counter balance.

Still waiting for my Traveler (IT HAS BEEN A WEEK SINCE I ORDERED IT ) to give it a shake down in the backyard lab. My twin titanium knees thought is that being able to get out on either side will open more possibilities for those mornings when stuff is stiffer on one side than the other. Even less obstruction for the mandatory stretching before feet down.

The WBBB will be my go to when things are tough and a bullet proof do it all hammock is needed. All the above is a for what it is worth since I don't own an ENO double (though the WIDE part sounded good on paper) or any other than the WBBB. I figure 70 to 90 percent of HF can't be far wrong about the WB stuff though.

Edit @ 16:13 Pacific; Got the Traveler 1.1 dbl and am waiting for Maximo to finish my backyard so I can set up and not be in his way. I did string it from two doors to inspect and...shocker!!!...it is a quality piece of gear. Very simple and very light. The stuff sack is not a double entry like the BB but that's OK, keeping with the simple idea. The 1.1 material is much softer than the 1.7 and it promises a very comfortable nap (after I get the NR DW UQ set up).
    Last edited by Law Dawg (ret); 12-16-2010 at 19:19.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    a hammock like the double is wider than necessary (imo). width is somewhat dependent on length. for a given length you can really only go so wide before you have extra fabric you're not using. if you want to go wider at this point, you should go longer as well, if i wanted a 6-7' wide hammock, i'd want it 11-12 feet long too. for a 10' hammock, 60-65" is all you need.
    Here's one to really drive you crazy Brandon. The new ENO Doublenest Deluxe, 9' 4" long x 8' 4" wide. Holy cow !!!!!!

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    Well then I'll chime in to counter balance.

Edit @ 16:13 Pacific; Got the Traveler 1.1 dbl and am waiting for Maximo to finish my backyard so I can set up and not be in his way. I did string it from two doors to inspect and...shocker!!!...it is a quality piece of gear. Very simple and very light. The stuff sack is not a double entry like the BB but that's OK, keeping with the simple idea. The 1.1 material is much softer than the 1.7 and it promises a very comfortable nap (after I get the NR DW UQ set up).

OK, LD. I'm waiting on your Traveler test drive results.
    KJ

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    A quick preliminary report Kathy; The Traveler seems flatter than the BB and that probably has much to do with no footbox and buillt in Skeeter net. I am a full figured fella and there is no sense of getting covered in silnylon, YMMV. It would be easy for my long feet to off go into space. There is still a slight feeling of a ridge at the foot end but nothing like the BB. Very simple to adjust the NR UQ and I had it to blast furnace warm quickly.

I like this hammock and it calls for an overnighter soon.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg View Post
    A quick preliminary report Kathy; The Traveler seems flatter than the BB and that probably has much to do with no footbox and buillt in Skeeter net. I am a full figured fella and there is no sense of getting covered in silnylon, YMMV. It would be easy for my long feet to off go into space. There is still a slight feeling of a ridge at the foot end but nothing like the BB. Very simple to adjust the NR UQ and I had it to blast furnace warm quickly.

I like this hammock and it calls for an overnighter soon.
    Thanks LD. Do you feel that it's too narrow at all, or just the right size? At 5'6" I won't need qutie as much room as someone taller. I'm a bit wary though of another impulse purchase that I might not love.
    KJ

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
    Thanks LD. Do you feel that it's too narrow at all, or just the right size? At 5'6" I won't need qutie as much room as someone taller. I'm a bit wary though of another impulse purchase that I might not love.
    KJ
    I know you were addressing Law Dawg but I'll chime in anyways I'm 6'1", 205 and I LOVE my 1.1 DL. It lays very flat, and it's not too narrow in the least. I do like the openness too. Very easy to adjust your UQ when needed.
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by optimator View Post
    I know you were addressing Law Dawg but I'll chime in anyways I'm 6'1", 205 and I LOVE my 1.1 DL. It lays very flat, and it's not too narrow in the least. I do like the openness too. Very easy to adjust your UQ when needed.
    Thanks optimator. Good to hear that the Traveler is a good fit.
    Sorry dude. I'm a transplanted southerner. Go Auburn !!!!!!
    KJ

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Thanks to everyone for their thoughts & observations. Brandon suggested I get a 1.7 single Traveler, so that's what I'll get. I'll also try the WB bug net. Yipee, more new stuff. I got an e-mail from Evan that my Black Rock hat has shipped. It will come in handy with the snow & cold temps that are returning this weekend. Now if I'd get my shipping notice on my Incubator & Burrow (and pillow), and OES tarp, my Christmas list from Santa will be complete.
    KJ

Hammock
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by optimator View Post
    I'm 6'1", 205 and I LOVE my 1.1 DL. It lays very flat, and it's not too narrow in the least. I do like the openness too. Very easy to adjust your UQ when needed.
    Couldn't a said it better. I will say that the NR UQ seems to stay put better on the BB but it is a breeze to adjust from the Traveler. I expect that it will be more stable when Paul's package arrives (tomorrow I hope) with the TTs and shock cord.

BTW I am 6-1 and 260, built like your average Celt, stubby thick legs and broad shoulders (barrel chest). The Traveler is fine for my shape (plenty wide enough without being too large)...I'd recommend it.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I like the WB Traveler alot it's a great hammock ...
    it lays just as good as the WBBB but without all the extra stuff

but man i sure do love the footbox on the WBBB
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast