Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by te-wa View Post
    sleep with your head in the footbox. someone else reported (Shug?) that they prefer this lay anyhow.
    Shug has said he has a "normal" WBBB but tends to sleep with feet NOT in the footbox, but to the opposite side (left) with his head to the right (toward the shelf).

I have two WBBB, one of each flavor (footbox on right (normal) and footbox on left (reverse). I found through trying both that I prefer the normal configuration. My wife uses the reverse version. When we hang together, we can keep the zippers "out" so that each of us can make our nighttime pee-strolls without waking the other person.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by te-wa View Post
    sleep with your head in the footbox. someone else reported (Shug?) that they prefer this lay anyhow.
    hahaha! thats awesome!

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Cataraftgirl - He was talking about moving the footbox to the same side as the zipper, which is more involved than just reversing the pattern.
    Yep, that would be pretty tricky from a design standpoint. Reversed, right hand zip may be as good as it can get at this point. But, you never know...... "necessity is the mother of invention."
    KJ

Images
    most people would probably tend to get in so their head ends up on the side they sit on to enter, that's how both standard and mirror image bb's wind up being.

Images
    also, if the zipper was on the shelf side, it wouldn't be nearly as easy to reach out and grab something. imo, having the zipper right there by your head is the most convenient.

putting a zipper below the shelf could be done, unfortunately i'm not doing custom orders at the moment.

Hammock
    DIY dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season tq+uq
    Suspension
    webbing, again
    Images
    I am like the OP.

I sleep feet to the left. Tried it the other way and just can't do it. I always get in on the left/feet side. Even if its the far side. I kind of look like a dog circling before laying down. On my previous zippered bugnets, I always hung the zipper on that side. That's the only reason I don't have a BB.

It seems a little unnatural for me to pivot where I swing my head and feet across the centerline of the hammock.

This may all stem from my sleeping bags. I have always used "long" sleeping bags and they always have been zipper on the left / zipper closes at my left shoulder.

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    putting your head in the footbox still keeps the lay the same. head to the left side and feet to the right, it's just that you're on the other end of the hammock. so that wouldn't work...

Hammock
    WBBB/DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    IX/MW3, Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Custom 2 RL
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    putting your head in the footbox still keeps the lay the same. head to the left side and feet to the right, it's just that you're on the other end of the hammock. so that wouldn't work...
    The point of the comment on head in the footbox is that while yours still head to left, feet to right (for a normal lay) it changes the "side" of the zipper. So now instead of a left zipper you have a right zipper. Doing it with a reversed WBBB you have a right head, left feet and left zipper, meaning you sit in and lay back the way they wanted to do.
    Last edited by tbctx; 12-16-2010 at 22:04. Reason: got one of my right/lefts backwords doing it in my head for a reverse WBBB

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    Quote Originally Posted by Koinseb View Post
    Huh?
    If you are with your head in the footbox, then you are still head left / feet right, just like in the original position.
    But then you wouldn't have to swing past 180 degrees and you could swing your feet to the left to get in. HAVEN'T YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?!
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    ...putting a zipper below the shelf could be done, unfortunately i'm not doing custom orders at the moment.
    Could I mod my WBBB to put a small horizontal zipper just under the shelf, so I can use it to adjust my UQ, with out compromising the structural integrity of the hammock?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast 71 View Post
    Could I mod my WBBB to put a small horizontal zipper just under the shelf, so I can use it to adjust my UQ, with out compromising the structural integrity of the hammock?
    if you did a good job

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast