Hammock
    Multiple Warbonnet Hammocks
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Take my name off the list. We've had an outbreak of pink eye at our house and my son's daycare. I thought I would be good to go but he just got sent home and it looks like a full blown reinfection and there is no way I'm coming down there if I'm contagious.

So you all have fun and hopefully I will see you next year.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    NeoAir LT / DIY UQ
    Suspension
    WB webbing
    Images
    I'm looking at Kurtz, IN on Weather Underground...

Friday Night
    Colder. Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain showers. Lows in the lower 40s.

Saturday
    Much cooler. Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the upper 40s.

Saturday Night
    Mostly cloudy with chance of rain showers and slight chance of snow showers. Lows in the mid 30s. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Got my fingers crossed.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 10f
    Suspension
    straps
    Images
    That is close to what NOAA has for Story, IN.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming east southeast between 6 and 9 mph.

Thursday Night: A 10 percent chance of showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a high near 67. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a low around 46. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy and breezy, with a high near 54.

Saturday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday: A slight chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 10%.
    But that has changed 5 times today. I do not think we will get an accurate forcast until about 24hrs out. That how it was last weekend.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    Take my name off the list. We've had an outbreak of pink eye at our house and my son's daycare. I thought I would be good to go but he just got sent home and it looks like a full blown reinfection and there is no way I'm coming down there if I'm contagious.

So you all have fun and hopefully I will see you next year.
    Sorry to miss you, perhaps next year.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Home Made from Acer
    Tarp
    Kelty
    Insulation
    Body Fat
    Suspension
    Mule's Special
    Images
    Termite....

Did you go to the Hill? or the hollow?

how was the water?

bugs?

see any ghosts?

The only Easy day was yesterday.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Re the weather: I"m a native of Cincinnati, where the rule is "If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute!" We have had snow in the morning & temps in the low 80s by mid afternoon. SO, I listen to the weather report, because it's often amusing comparing the prediction with what really happens.

It's actually fun to hike in the mountains with people from stable climates & watch their reaction to below freezing in the morning in a valley, & above 80 in the afternoon on a mountain top.

So I'll be there regardless of the weather. There is but ONE season: HIKING SEASON!!!!!
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    DIY GE, Bridge, WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, OES Dlx
    Insulation
    Leigh's 2/3 UQ v2
    Suspension
    7/64 amsteel blue
    I have a simple rule when it comes to weather. Aside from dangerous weather, weather never cancels a trip, it only makes it more interesting. My life doesn't afford me the luxury of just rescheduling a trip for a nicer weekend. I take what I can get, and I enjoy every minute of it.
    Chance favors the prepared mind - Louis Pasteur

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry ( the Hiker ) View Post
    GPS to the pines would be great ( Bonsihiker )
    From Google Earth: 39° 3.574'N 86° 14.790'W

That will put you in the middle of the pines on Combs Road South of Nebo Ridge and Browning Hill. I don't know exactly where the others are planning to be, so hopefully they will make a clear sign on the road where you should start bushwhacking and in what direction.

Again, you will need to retrace your steps back North to get to Brown Hollow.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Weather: I plan for cold and rainy and am just tickled pink when it's warm and sunny. I love the sound of rain on the tarp. Didn't used to be that way when I was in a tent...HATED the rain then. Nothing worse than being trapped inside a stuffy nylon jail cell.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post
    I have a simple rule when it comes to weather. Aside from dangerous weather, weather never cancels a trip, it only makes it more interesting. My life doesn't afford me the luxury of just rescheduling a trip for a nicer weekend. I take what I can get, and I enjoy every minute of it.
    I agree. Out west or down south you have some trails that will be difficult, and animals that can cause some trouble and some climbing that adds danger to the hike, but here, no large animals, trails not too difficult for most. All we have to daunt our enthusiasm is the weather. I lived out in the weather, all kinds, (well, sometimes down to 40 degrees) for 13 months straight with very few days that were not lived and slept on the ground.
    I still prefer good weather but it does make you close to nature no matter what the weather if we can just take it like it comes. Sorry for the soapbox.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

• + New Posts
  • Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast