Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images

Hoosier Hang 2011 - 2nd Annual Event

Set for the weekend of Tax day in America! We had a fun last year and I've been getting questions about whether I was looking it running it this year again (Without Mule last year never would have happened).

I'd like to make sure we do the free raffle again. So, start early making your neatest donated items ever or pull from your abundance of gear you don't use. I need a solid volunteer to go ahead and take this up, email me if you'd like with your suggestions at: [email protected]. Hopefully we can have the eat and greet go a little earlier than last year.

----------

This is a cut and paste (with some modification) of the last Hoosier Hang information. All the details are here and worked well, even with the large group we had. Unless the number of attendees is more than 60 we should be fine with the parking at the two trailheads.

The Trail
    From the North trailhead: follow the trail until you come to the first Y, then go left
    Then, ignore all the following Y split offs and stay on the main trail until you come to a big Y split
    Turn left at the big Y (about 1 /12 miles – you will have travelled at least half way to the camp site
    Follow the trail into the hollow and be sure to follow the creek that has the red/orange ribbon to the campsite.
    NOTE: The main trail will be marked with ribbon or just follow someone who attended last year.

Plan
    Friday
    For the early risers, there will be maps at the trailhead.

We’ll do an eat and greet in the late afternoon. Bring a favorite snack/treat or local favorite – we like homemade, but will accept anything ☺
    With a large number of attendees, plan on being spread out. I suggest picking out your trees and setting up ASAP, so you don’t loose it.
    Later, but before it gets dark, we’ll do the raffle. It’s free – one win per person.
    Saturday
    Around 11 pm, we will lead the group to the next spot - It’s about a 2 hr hike.
    If the weather turns difficult, the option is available for the group to just day hike.
    In the evening, we'll plan something - I'm not sure what yet.
    Sunday
    It’s head back home at your own pace.

A few important notes that probably don’t need to be mentioned, but are good reminders/info:
    There isn’t a privy, so you’ll be digging a hole to do your business and bring your T.P.
    Please, Practice Leave No Trace – Carry In, Carry Out.
    There are natural water sources, so sterilizing/filtering your water is highly suggested. The first campsite has great water. The second campsite your better off carrying water to it from campsite one.
    This is a family oriented event, so be mindful of others.

Directions to the North Nebo Ridge Trail Head:
    From 65, take exit 68 on to 46 going west.
    Go South (left) on 135.
    At the T-intersection, take a right turn (you will still be on 135)
    At the Brown County State Park Entrance, take the left fork (you will still be on 135)
    Continue going straight when you enter Story town and pass the Story Inn on your right side.
    At this point, you are almost to the trailhead parking lot. After the wooden bridge, take a left and you are on the gravel road. If you have any doubts take only left turns at this point.

Parking
    There is only space for 20 vehicles at the north Nebo Ridge trailhead, but if your willing to hike in farther, there is the south Nebo Ridge trailhead. Although, you can park at Horseman's Camp (farther away) or try and get by parking on the road (not recommended by those who know), there is the field across from the Story Inn if parking lot gets full.
    I like big hammocks - I cannot like.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx FL
    Suspension
    Webbing
    This event was a blast this year count me in for attending again this coming year.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    New to Hammocks, but Nebo is an old friend. I haven't been there in over 10 years, but Saddle Creek, Panther Gap, and Nebo Ridge, were my old stomping grounds. Weathered solo an 8" snow on Browning Hill, with thunder and lightening once. Simply lovely.

I'd like to make the hang, and am real close to buying my first hammock. With HH Asyms running under $100 dollars on ebay, I mean I'm real close.

Keep this thread updated and county me in. It might just turn out to be my first hang

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images
    Rolloff - you'd be welcome even with a tent. You can always buy a $20 hammock (something like an Eno or Grandtrunk on sale).

Skyline - I look forward to seeing you.

Hammock
    DIY Whipped End
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ by Mule
    Suspension
    Web'g@Buckles

Hoosier Hang

Trout, I am anxiously looking forward to the Spring Thaw and coming out of Winter hibernation. Reckon I'll be leaving the Man Cave just prior to the Hang. If I can limber up my old joints and keep down Maw's new batch of spring tonic I plan to see you all there! I still have a map hanging on my wall covered with colored thumb tacks. That I used last winter to track the response of each prospective attendee to H/H1. Hope to have as many tacks in this years map as last years. Yes! It does not take much to keep me entertained! Your friend, Big Al
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never confuse the facts with the truth! It ain't easy bein' geezy

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I'm in. Maybe gonna take another day and do a night before the group gets there.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images
    Big Al - Love to see you there! I enjoyed our pre-hang hike.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    just missed this one last year,
    but WANT to make the 2011 edition.

hammike- i'd be down for an extra day if thats cool - as the dates get closer.....
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Totally down for this and an extra day if I can work out my schedule.

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    Im in. Got lucky and you picked my weekend off. Since nothing is set in stone yet can we consider doing Browning Hill the first night and Brown Hollow the second night? I would rather carry my water in to the hill and refill at the hollow than the other way around. That pond water is tough on the filters. Maybe a poll once more people are on board?

I am so excited to go to the HH again I can hardly contain myself. I vow this year not to get lost.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast