WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB, Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing

looking at getting a Hennessy over cover

I have a recently modded Hennessy U/L backpacker with 2QZQ mod #2. I have a Ogee tarp and a Shamu UQ with two aditional IX layers if i need more warmth. I am thinking of getting the Hennnessy over cover to help trap warm air in the hammock.

Since i have a top entry hammock and the ability to roll up the bug net. I am wondering if the Hennessy top cover would work to create a micro climate.

has anyone used the hennessy overcover on their hammocks?

i fgure that with foru layers of IX under me and a 3s JRB hudson river and the over cover that should provide a nice nest.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    The HH Overcover is a great investment. A true must have, and if you have a WBBB, get Arrowhead's BBO.

get it it check out my thread on alaska hanging, the oc has made sleeping here possible. it also helps when setting the hh up on the ground as a bivi and it raises the inside temp by about 10* sometimes more

check out my thread i talk about the over cover and how it has helped me
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=25874

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Hey, Trooper because of you I just ordered a BBO

Don't mention anything else today I'm out of money

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    Hey, Trooper because of you I just ordered a BBO

Don't mention anything else today I'm out of money
    Lots of pressure there. I hope Paul sends the commission to me!

In full disclosure, I don't have the BBO--yet. I'm hoping it is in a box under a conifer. The HH Overcover does impress me, and the BBO is really the same concept.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I'm heading outside in a few minutes for my first cold weather trial and I think that cover would be really nice to have right now. Should have bought it sooner.

Hammock
    3 gathered ends
    Tarp
    JRB Hex
    Insulation
    Jacks R Better
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I use my Equinox silnylon poncho over my Hennessy OEM tarp to make my micro-climate. I pull the sides down on the Hennessy since its the same asym as the hammock. I don't pull it down too tight because of condensation. When I was out on the North Bend Rail Trail the temps dropped down below freezing but my thermometer read 47 degrees hanging from the ridge line. This setup gives me dual usage for the poncho/tarp whereas what else can the overcover be used for.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    DCF Winter
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ @ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoope
    Images

HH overcover

Tucked in between the SS and the hammock, the stock rain fly that comes with a Hennessy does as much good as anything else.

I have a DIY insulated overcover, (1/4" poly batting) and an un-insulated one. (have not incorporated IX into this system yet) But have used the rain fly tucked in many times to sub-freezing temperatures, and below. The rain fly just won't be quite so 'gap-proof' as an OC velcro'd to the rim of the SS.

But, the stock HH rainfly 'tucked' has kept the inside temperature at least 10 degrees warmer than outside. With a closed ended tarp set up, the rainfly will do even better. At the mid-teens, this set up had wet condensation inside, which instantly froze when taken down in the morning. But no condensation under the hammock.
    Since I retired, some times I stay awake all day, some times all night.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by psyculman View Post
    Tucked in between the SS and the hammock, the stock rain fly that comes with a Hennessy does as much good as anything else.

I have a DIY insulated overcover, (1/4" poly batting) and an un-insulated one. (have not incorporated IX into this system yet) But have used the rain fly tucked in many times to sub-freezing temperatures, and below. The rain fly just won't be quite so 'gap-proof' as an OC velcro'd to the rim of the SS.

But, the stock HH rainfly 'tucked' has kept the inside temperature at least 10 degrees warmer than outside. With a closed ended tarp set up, the rainfly will do even better. At the mid-teens, this set up had wet condensation inside, which instantly froze when taken down in the morning. But no condensation under the hammock.
    This sounds like something new. Can you give more detail on what you mean by "tucked"? You say "Tucked in between the SS and the hammock". Are you saying into the SS UC ? That is wild. So the tarp is not staked on the sides? How does that work in wind and rain?

I am not surprised at the condensation. But with all the problems some folks(not me though) report with a SS and condensation, it is interesting to hear you report that even with a sil-nylon tarp "tucked" into the UC(if that is what you did) you had no condensation under the hammock.

• + New Posts