Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap

Buying second hammock, clarks stink!

Sorry shameless tittle for looks, I love my NX-250 but want a second hammock. I want to get a WB Blackbird but not sure on what to get and from where. I am 175-190lbs 5-10 to 5-11 depending on the gas station clerk... My sleeping bag is about 3lbs and UQ is a stormcrow 3 season inc. First based on the chart for hammocks online should I get one rated for my heaviest time of year or least heavy time ( I work out heavy during some parts more than others... its my story let me lie however I want, but my wieght does shift) than do I need a UQ specail for it and have one for my clark one for the WBBB? And lastly I want light wieght suspension and do you NEED a trunk line for the WBBB to get the comfort and flat lay. Any help is apprecaited. If someone would like to sugjest a entire set up I respect all help. And yes I know were to get the hammock but not suspension lines or other add ons.
    Last edited by lowclass; 12-21-2010 at 00:20.
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Mercy! Are those BB's that so much better than everything else, or is this the old Corvette~Camero syndrome?

I mean I understand not every hammock is for everybody, and there certainly is a lot of difference between one model to the next, even from the same manufacturer. Still I would think after a certainly dollar point, you're getting a darn nice unit, almost anywhere.

Is the WBBB really that much better? Comfort, quality, user friendly?

Sorry to hijack. I'll be watching for that Clark to come up in the For Sale thread.

And if the original BB's are that much better, I'll be placing an order pronto. Can't beat a sound investment

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Mercy! Are those BB's that so much better than everything else...

Is the WBBB really that much better? Comfort, quality, user friendly?
    Ummmm, yes. Seriously the vast majority at HF does not endorse WB because Brandon pays us. That said there are other fine hammocks HH etc and they have folk who endorse them too. It just that WB seems to be the king of the hill here. I like the two (WBBB & Traveler) I got this year very much. The Traveler is set up on my porch and I napped in it today.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    The WBB is an awesome hammock. By your weight I would think a 1.1 oz would be great for you. It's a quality product at a great price. You can get it at http://www.warbonnetoutdoors.com/ Also, feel free to e-mail them because there customer service is awesome and they will be more than happy to help you find the right hammock for you.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by lowclass View Post
    I want to get a WB Blackbird but not sure on what to get and from where. I am 175-190lbs 5-10 to 5-11 depending on the gas station clerk... My sleeping bag is about 3lbs and UQ is a stormcrow 3 season inc. First based on the chart for hammocks online should I get one rated for my heaviest time of year or least heavy time...
    I am 6-3 and weigh 260. I have the Traveler 1.1 dbl and it is fine. Brandon said it and the 1.7 single would work for me and it does. I also have the WBBB 1.7 dbl as my does it all hammock. Like it very much as well. Seems the WB hammocks have some wiggle room weight wise.

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    The 1.1 double and 1.7 single have been the two I'm looking at but I've seen some... wait a lot of different suspesion types used I kinda like the constrictor line with sintch buckle but where do I get those? And the ridge line is what I meant to say it reminds me of a trunk line we tie horses off to when need be out on multi day large ridding events. Is a ridge line needed to maintain a good lay with the WBBB?
    Last edited by lowclass; 12-21-2010 at 02:30.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Darn it

Imagine that.

Although I have seen one, I don't think there are as many DIY WBBB's going off out there either. Another Kudos to the folks at Warbonnet.

Clarks either for that matter. That speaks to me like cannons.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    I've been to a lot of group hangs-don't think I've ever seen a Clark....might have been one there and at a lot of the group hangs they do a 'hammock tour' showing different rigs so everyone can learn, see, and test lay.
    I think I looked up Clark on the internet once and saw the weight and price and moved on.
    Sadly in my early hammocking days there was only one viable commercial producer. Happily now I can support a great American living/working in Colorado.
    Surely there was/is a poll on which manufacturer's hammock people use....anyone got a link?

I had to have a WBBB too after all the fuss even though I was quite happy with my Clarks. The WBBB is a good hammock but the Clark is still the Cadillac as far as I am concerned.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Is there much difference in the lay between the two?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast