Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    I am a newb to this new world, but I love my clark. But then again, I haven't really tried anyone else's. But the reason I like it is because of the integrated storm shield. Its like having a super comfy bivy sack off the ground.

I think the Warbonnett hammocks are nice, but most of the people on here just buy them because of the hype. They aren't lighterweight, cheaper OR more easily setup. Are they more comfortable, possibly. If comfort is your only argument, then everyone should be using bridge hammocks.

For the record, I have both a WB and HH hammock and I do not prefer one to the other. All that really matters is that I'm outside getting a good night of sleep.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly w/doors
    Insulation
    WInc and Burrow
    Suspension
    webbing
    Lowclass,
    The WBBB comes standard with the ridgeline, and you have a couple of choices for suspension at no additional cost when you order the hammock; it comes to you ready to hang except for some carabiners. I'm very happy with the webbing setup on mine.

What I love about the WBBB are the foot box and the shelf. To me, those two incredibly smart innovations put it head and shoulders above other hammocks. The quality of Brandon's workmanship is incredible, too.

Chris

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Saint View Post
    If comfort is your only argument, then everyone should be using bridge hammocks.

For the record, I have both a WB and HH hammock and I do not prefer one to the other. All that really matters is that I'm outside getting a good night of sleep.
    I can't ever get comfortable in a bridge. Does the exception prove the rule? I agree what matters is getting a comfortable night's sleep in the piney woods. It's all fairly subjective. YMMV, HYOH, and all that jazz.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Don't get me wrong, I like WB's products. All I'm saying is that the people on this forum have the Harley Davidson mentality regarding WB.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lowclass View Post
    I want to get a WB Blackbird but not sure on what to get and from where. I am 175-190lbs 5-10 to 5-11 depending on the gas station clerk... My sleeping bag is about 3lbs and UQ is a stormcrow 3 season inc. First based on the chart for hammocks online should I get one rated for my heaviest time of year or least heavy time ( I work out heavy during some parts more than others... its my story let me lie however I want, but my wieght does shift) than do I need a UQ specail for it and have one for my clark one for the WBBB? And lastly I want light wieght suspension and do you NEED a trunk line for the WBBB to get the comfort and flat lay. Any help is apprecaited. If someone would like to sugjest a entire set up I respect all help. And yes I know were to get the hammock but not suspension lines or other add ons.
    If you are truly interested in getting a WB Blackbird, how about shooting Brandon an email and let him answer your specific WB questions? I think I'd start with having the actual hammock all set up and then look into replacement parts. You may find that the thing is comfy enough with no changes. Just about all the hammock vendors sell complete hammock setups, so you will not be buying a hammock body with no suspension. Just try and then modify if necessary.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    try and attend a group hang or see if there are any hanngers in your area with the type of hammock you want to take for a test drive.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverpirate View Post
    I had to have a WBBB too after all the fuss even though I was quite happy with my Clarks. The WBBB is a good hammock but the Clark is still the Cadillac as far as I am concerned.
    Nice to see a different take for a change! Just for some variety!

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    I think the Warbonnett hammocks are nice, but most of the people on here just buy them because of the hype. They aren't lighterweight, cheaper OR more easily setup. Are they more comfortable, possibly. If comfort is your only argument, then everyone should be using bridge hammocks.

Well, they are way cheaper than a Clark.. I guess you could say I was one of the hype, guys... Now after spending 5 ,months full time in my traveler, I am glad I went in this direction.. I call my traveler my gypsy sack, and my b.b. my cadiillac.. Love em both!!
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Don't get me wrong, I like WB's products. All I'm saying is that the people on this forum have the Harley Davidson mentality regarding WB.
    I think it is dangerous to assume what motivates likes and dislikes and the "mentality" of fellow hangers. I prefer not to be stereotyped as to what motivates my thinking.

That being said, I have used a Claytor for three years, waiting to see what else is out there. Like any other piece of equipment, there are advantages and disadvantages to all of them. I have taken my time to hang, gone to hangs to observe, and at some point I will buy another hammock. In the meantime I like my Claytor because it is what I have. It gets me off the ground and into the woods.

This discussion reminds me a lot of what goes on when discussing canoes. We all have different preferences, different needs, and we all make different choices. Nothing good or bad necessarily, nothing to judge, just paddle, or in this case, just hang.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast