Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

SG 12x12 tarp

Have a question on what I think is the Neo tarp, the SG 12x12. Hoping that it will come back on SG.

The SG web site says that there are 12 tie outs, 4 on the corners.

Where exactly are the other 8?

Are some of them on the ridge line of the tarp?

If so how far from the corners are they?

My girlfriend says that the 12x12 will have a 17' (or almost) ridge line. So in order to tie off to the trees, it seems you would have to have at least a 19' to 20' separation.

What I'm wondering (hoping?) is that some of those tie offs are on the ridge line and allow less tree separation. Say 16'.

Hopefully ??

If there are no tie offs on the ridge line, is there a seam there to sew tie offs to?

If the 12x12 doesn't come back on SG, I may have to go with the Kelty Noah 12 on CampMor.com. Both are the same size and weight and both use polyester instead of nylon so they don't stretch when wet. Tarp tensioners wouldn't be needed.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Doctari said in a recent post:

Might I suggest that everyone here e-mail or call or write Sportsmans guide asking for the return of the 12 x 12 tarp. The guy I talked to last month said that they were marked as "discontinued" in his computer, he said that usually ment they were never comming back.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    I dont want one. At least not now anyway. I did just e-mail them requesting that they bring it back. www.sportsmansguide.com/net/main/MailUs.aspx?
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiredFeet View Post
    Have a question on what I think is the Neo tarp, the SG 12x12. Hoping that it will come back on SG.

My girlfriend says that the 12x12 will have a 17' (or almost) ridge line. So in order to tie off to the trees, it seems you would have to have at least a 19' to 20' separation.

What I'm wondering (hoping?) is that some of those tie offs are on the ridge line and allow less tree separation. Say 16'.

Hopefully ??

If there are no tie offs on the ridge line, is there a seam there to sew tie offs to?

If the 12x12 doesn't come back on SG, I may have to go with the Kelty Noah 12 on CampMor.com. Both are the same size and weight and both use polyester instead of nylon so they don't stretch when wet. Tarp tensioners wouldn't be needed.
    Here's a picture of the 12x12, with highlights on the location of the non-corner tie-outs. No seams, but some re-enforcement.

Grizz
    Attached Images Attached Images

emailed. I want the 9x9, cause the 12x12 is heavy (and discontinued)

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skar578 View Post
    emailed. I want the 9x9, cause the 12x12 is heavy (and discontinued)
    I was told that not only the 9x9 and the 12x12 camo versions were discontinued and the only thing they had was a white 12x12.

then my son informed me that he ordered a 9x9 the other day and had a order number so I called them and in fact he did order a 9x9 and it will be here in 6 day's I am told so he has a 9x9 camo coming soon and the 12x12 is discontunued in camo. so I am not sure what is going on with them.

Hammock
    HH Expd Asm or DIY or WBBB or .....
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!....
    Images
    When I asked if the 12x12 tarp would return this was the reply i got:

We probably wont carry to many until spring time. We do have a 12 x 12 guide gear white tarp. It is item number WX2-79978, and they are 24.97. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Thanks for shopping the Guide!
    Jeff Schwartz

Maybe they will return???

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Maybe if enough people bug them for one, they'll reconsider and stock them asap.??? They're losing money otherwise.

Just a thought.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    There are 12 tie outs on the edges, PLUS 5 in the body of the tarp (Outside): 1 dead center 4 evenly distributed 1/2 way from the center to the corners. 3 counting the center tie out are ON the center seam. I cut off the 5 on the body.

The ones on the edge on the 12 x 12 are about 4' from the corners (& 4' apart) on the 9x9 3'.

The 12 x 12 ridge is 16'. I measured it 5 times last night. The ridge of the 9x9 is 13' 6" which is 1.5 (1.444444) as long as the sides. I can't figure out why the 12x12 dosent fit the same profile, as it SHOULD be about 17.33'. I did not measure the sides of the 12 x 12, the 9 x 9 is actually 9'3" so,,,,,,

Being nylon, the tarp will stretch when wet.

BTW: There are also small brass grommets on each corner. The 12 & the 9 have 3 seams, with the longest seam being what I use as the ridgeline. Seam seal the ridgeline at least! To rig the tarp as a square A-frame may require adding at least 2 tie outs.

Quote Originally Posted by TiredFeet View Post

Hopefully ??

When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    TeeDee Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Customized JRB
    Insulation
    Down or IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks - that's the information I needed. I have seen some 12x12 on ebay. will try there again. If not they are onlt about $60.00 new.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    There are 12 tie outs on the edges, PLUS 5 in the body of the tarp (Outside): 1 dead center 4 evenly distributed 1/2 way from the center to the corners. 3 counting the center tie out are ON the center seam. I cut off the 5 on the body.

The ones on the edge on the 12 x 12 are about 4' from the corners (& 4' apart) on the 9x9 3'.

The 12 x 12 ridge is 16'. I measured it 5 times last night. The ridge of the 9x9 is 13' 6" which is 1.5 (1.444444) as long as the sides. I can't figure out why the 12x12 dosent fit the same profile, as it SHOULD be about 17.33'. I did not measure the sides of the 12 x 12, the 9 x 9 is actually 9'3" so,,,,,,

Being nylon, the tarp will stretch when wet.

BTW: There are also small brass grommets on each corner. The 12 & the 9 have 3 seams, with the longest seam being what I use as the ridgeline. Seam seal the ridgeline at least! To rig the tarp as a square A-frame may require adding at least 2 tie outs.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast