Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    MLD Spectralite
    Insulation
    JRB seasonal

breathing under a quilt

I'm new to using quilts, and I found that if I pulled the down overquilt (JRB No Sniveller with a Rocky Mountain Sniveller as the underquilt... feathery bliss!) over my head, it was warm and toasty and the quilt material was kept away from my face. In a short period of time, I did not find any problems with condensation or stuffiness (it is presently 16 degrees), and my nose appreciated the reprieve from the cold.

Are there problems or concerns associated with breathing for an extended period of time in such an enclosed space? I would hate to wake up dead one day...

you wont wake up dead. it is not painful. much better then you think. but you might not want to , cause it will cause condensation issues, amd make that nice down bag worthless. make a hood like on tothewoods.net and you will be better.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yep - all that moisture has to go somewhere, and if it's cold then it'll likely condense inside your bag. Try this - weigh your quilt on a very accurate scale before you use it. Then sleep with your head inside all night and weigh it again in the morning. Now do that for a week. Extra weight you're carrying...and the moisture can make the down clump together.

But for a night or two I doubt it'll really make a difference. Just be sure to let it dry before you pack it away.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts