DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    That is the idea. Although I take offense to the term wench.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    I want got get a 3 season Phoenix eventually and a matching set would be nice does Hammock Gear make custom orders?
    The Jacks have a family wide quilt The Mt. Rogers and The Katahdin. THose things look like their a beast.

And I consider all my quilts from Hammock Gear custom. Both my winter and summer set Adam helped me create a quilt to fit my needs. For the 3S incubator and 3S Phonix I'm waiting for I liked the specs he had on his site so I dident need any changes. After ordering my first two sets I finally understood what all that stuff meant so It made ordering so much easier. But any ways. SO I cant promise but I'm sure if you PM, Email or Call him (all this information you can find on his site) he's a really nice guy and could probably help ya out.

Their is also always the DIY route.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl & DIY 1.5 Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben Baby !
    Insulation
    Phoenix's&Burrow's
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I ordered a quilt just like your after from hammock gear.

3 season burrow, 6 inches extra width, 2 extra snaps on the foot box so I can close it up a bit higher and a few loops on each side so I can wrap it / bungie strap it around a ground mat.

Haven't got it yet but from what measuring I did the extra width should be enough for me on the ground.

Just email them or a PM, I know they would be able to help you out for sure.

Good luck

That is the idea. Although I take offense to the term wench.
    Probably 'cause you ain't ever been married. I was bein' charitable. You should hear me when I'm pissed. After raising kids my wife of 27 years plans to take up hiking again. I just bought her a ULA Circuit and I'm shopping for a Rock Wren on ebay that she can shorten to fit her five foot frame. I will carry the tarptent, SHE will carry her own bedding. A woman too weak to carry state-of-the art 3-season sleeping gear is a liability, not an asset.

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    Yeah, I never said I was going to carry her bedding. She gets half the shared equipment. With my base weight coming in at under 25 lbs with the same equipment we will use together for solo use. I think she can manage more than just her portion of the sleep equipment. I only mentioned her in reference to my need for a gound setup as I figured this being a hammock forum I would get a lot of "ditch the tent, problem solved" type answers.

I think I will contact hammockgear at some point but I don't feel like I should take up his time until I'm ready to pull the trigger. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a price quote but I know hes busy.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    The bad attitude is getting old. Just saying.
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    HH Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    Yeah, I never said I was going to carry her bedding. She gets half the shared equipment. With my base weight coming in at under 25 lbs with the same equipment we will use together for solo use. I think she can manage more than just her portion of the sleep equipment. I only mentioned her in reference to my need for a gound setup as I figured this being a hammock forum I would get a lot of "ditch the tent, problem solved" type answers.

I think I will contact hammockgear at some point but I don't feel like I should take up his time until I'm ready to pull the trigger. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a price quote but I know hes busy.

Stormcrow makes a fine Top Quilt. He made my burrow wide on a special order and it more than covers my shoulders when on the ground.. Excellent gear. IMHO
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

I only mentioned her in reference to my need for a gound setup as I figured this being a hammock forum I would get a lot of "ditch the tent, problem solved" type answers.

Yeah, you probably will, but not from me. A tarptent for two is lighter than two complete hammock/tarp setups. My daughter LOVES her hyperlite/Macat setup. My wife doesn't like hammocks, so it'll be a tarptent/neoair setup when she and I hike together. When hiking with my daughter, it has occasionally been an issue to find TWO adjacent places to hang, especially in the summer on the AT once the undergrowth gets tall.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB, HG + Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I asked the same question of Stormcrow, and yes, he offered to make a wider TQ for going to ground. I think he even adds more straps so that it can be tied for wrapping similar to a sleeping bag.

That said, the width of the new large, wide Mamba will do the same. That's the route I went as I wanted a permanent footbox without having to pay extra for wide + sewn foot box.
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Double Layer
    Big Mamajamba Sil
    20D Black Mamba, 40D Burrow, 20D Phoenix
    DIY Whoopies and straps

Hammock
    Multiple Warbonnet Hammocks
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Packeagle, here are a few pics.

Let me know if you need any others to help you out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast