Tarp
    HH HexFly
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Rings w/Caribiner

Revisited post from 2007 "Perfect"

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I found an old sleepcell Cellcorp sleeping bag I bought from Kmart for $20 a few years ago - it isn't a "long" bag but it is very wide. It is rated as a 40 degree bag. It has a center zipper, a draw string hood, and two zippered side vents. I made a sleeping bag robe out of it by unstiching the foot section with my handy seam ripper (I can't sew but I can un-sew). I'm having the outside and inside covers sewn back together separately on each side so that I'll have a hole in the foot end of the bag. The hole is wide enough for me to spread my feat out and walk with the bag on. I then cut some of the mesh that is attached to the zippered side vents so I can stick my arms out.

I can step into it before I get in the hammock, eliminating any struggle with a sleeping bag. I can get out of my hammock with it still on and unzip the center zipper to relieve myself if needed. I may have a zipper or velcro put on the bottom so I can close it up, but I don't think it would be good for any sub-freezing weather anyway so that would probably be a waste of money.

Browsing through old post for neat ideas, I ran on this one. Just so happens I have this exact bag and was thinking on using it to enclose my hammock a few weeks back. But after some input from the knowledge base here on the forum I decided against it. I bought a KAQ UQ instead. But now I have this walking mummy suit idea for my $15 bag Not sure about the above mentioned bag, but mine is 39" x 80" which is plenty long enough.

Woot, and now a project for my 1952 model Singer thread injector

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    well now you definitely have to do it. we are awaiting pictures