Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member leepingreenlizards's Avatar
    Images

Talking Hammock Setup, Comprehensive List

I know this is a lot of information to ask for, but I would like to know the cost and weight of each component that comprises your "hammock" setup for each season. I understand that ther are other threads similar to this, but this one is more comprehensive.

Include and indicate any "DIY" as well.

Please include the following items separated into use for each season, including cost and weight:

Hammocks
    Tarps
    Netting
    TQ’s
    UQ’s
    Pads

Thank you for your time and your participation is greatly appreciated!
    LGL
    Last edited by leepingreenlizards; 12-29-2010 at 14:30.
    It’s what we believe that makes us, as individuals, who we are. Suppress that and we all become the same…"sterile and boring." "Sir William Orville Martin"

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    1. Hammocks ( I own a WBBB dbl 1.7, so that answers 1, 3, 4, 5.)
    2. Tarps ( OES MacCat 10 x 12)
    3. Netting
    4. Suspensions
    5. Ridgelines
    6. TQ’s (Being a relative noob, I am using a WM bag, but may switch to Arc Alpinist)
    7. UQ’s ( currently making do with a pad from ground dwelling days.)
    8. Pads ( Thermarest Prolite 4)
    9. Emergency blanket ( none)
    10. Stuff sacks and compression sacks ( none specific to sleeping gear.)
    11. Hardware such as stakes, carabineers and etc. ( Ti shepherds hook stakes, and 2 Nano 23 biners.)
    12. Any additional clothing specifically carried to wear while sleeping ( I carry a spare set of shorts and a T to sleep in, mostly to keep things cleaner. I could wear any long underwear I happen to have along, should I get cold, but that is not likely to happen.)
    Last edited by olzeke; 12-29-2010 at 14:19. Reason: clarity

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by olzeke View Post
    1. Hammocks ( I own a WBBB, so that answers 1, 3, 4, 5.)
    2. Tarps ( OES MacCat 10 x 12)
    3. Netting
    4. Suspensions
    5. Ridgelines
    6. TQ’s (Being a relative noob, I am using a WM bag, but may switch to Arc Alpinist)
    8. Pads ( Thermarest Prolite 4)
    11. Hardware such as stakes, carabineers and etc. ( Ti shepherds hook stakes, and 2 Nano 23 biners.)
    12. Any additional clothing specifically carried to wear while sleeping ( I carry a spare set of shorts and a T to sleep in, mostly to keep things cleaner. I could wear any long underwear I happen to have along, should I get cold, but that is not likely to happen.)
    I really need the weights, costs and seasonal use to make the collected information I'm seeking complete.

Thanks friends!
    It’s what we believe that makes us, as individuals, who we are. Suppress that and we all become the same…"sterile and boring." "Sir William Orville Martin"

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    Hammocks - Clarks NX 250
    Tarps - Clarks - also have a Noahs Tarp 9
    Netting - Clarks has built in
    Suspensions - amsteel whoopie slings, carabiners, clark tree straps
    Ridgelines - piece of rope
    TQ’s - Big Agnes 15 degree down bag - soon to upgrade to winter burrow sized XW
    UQ’s - tomorrow I am buying a winter incubator from stormcrow
    Pads - ridge rest CCF, Big Agnes insulated Air core available
    Emergency blanket - cabelas sportsman if needed
    Stuff sacks and compression sacks - various
    Hardware such as stakes, carabineers and etc. - msr's little red titanium stakes, or whatever i can find thats not all bent up
    Any additional clothing specifically carried to wear while sleeping - clean dryfit tshirt, underarmor leggings if cold out, Baffin winter booties (super warm, can walk around in snow for nature's call)

As for Prices? I have thousands of dollars invested in gear. I stopped counting at $4K.
    Weights? Perfect balance of lightweight but durable and comfortable. I am not a gram weenie, just conscious of weights. If I can trip a pound, I will. But I ususally won't sacrafice comfort. Being outdoors for me is being as comfortable as I can be. It shouldn't be stressfull.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    leepingreenlizards- Can't you look this info up? Pretty much all the gear weights and prices are listed by each manufacturer, and the setup weights and values are going to vary wildly by each person's chosen gear.

Responses to a thread that requires collecting and posting so much info won't be a very good random sample of info.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images

A little too organized

Once upon a time I weighed all my equipment on my kitchen scale (only one in the house thanks to the wife). I put all my various gear on one big spreadsheet. So, when I was get ready for a trip the bits and pieces get pasted into another sheet and the weights were added up automatically. This would at least get me a ballpark weight for the whole pack.

Attached is a little spreadsheet with my hammock related items. The weights have changed a bit on some items (new JRB suspension on HH, new zing-it ridgeline with tarp, etc).

Hope this is what you were looking for.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    OES deluxe
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by olzeke View Post
    1. Hammocks ( I own a WBBB dbl 1.7, so that answers 1, 3, 4, 5.) $175 40 oz
    2. Tarps ( OES MacCat 10 x 12) $130 15 oz
    3. Netting
    4. Suspensions
    5. Ridgelines
    6. TQ’s (Being a relative noob, I am using a WM bag, but may switch to Arc Alpinist) WM $285 26 oz
    8. Pads ( Thermarest Prolite 4) $120 22 oz
    11. Hardware such as stakes, carabineers and etc. ( Ti shepherds hook stakes, and 2 Nano 23 biners.) previously owned stakes, biners $7 each
    I have added in costs and weights. I can use this set up for 3 seasons no problem.
    Last edited by olzeke; 12-29-2010 at 14:18.

Images
    Thanks friend...I really apprectaite your willingness to help me out here.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    the setup weights and values are going to vary wildly by each person's chosen gear.

Responses to a thread that requires collecting and posting so much info won't be a very good random sample of info.
    That's the whole point of the information I need and I've reduced the amount of item information I'm asking for. Please excuse me for saying so, but this isn't exactly "six sigma" stuff here. Most folks know (or should know) the weight and cost of the items I'm seeking information for.

Hammock
    DIY speer type
    Tarp
    OES Maccat
    Insulation
    JRB Nest+ORM
    Suspension
    Webbing + Slings
    Images
    I think what angrysparrow was saying is that you can look up the weights yourself...without relying on others. Not everyone cares about the exact gram weights of their gear, for not all hammockers are hikers, indeed, some people rarely get into the outdoors but hammock sleep indoors instead of bed-sleep!

My stuff is in my sig. Weights are pretty right, but I need to weigh my new bug net, whoopie slings, etc.

Costs- well, some is DIY, (spotlight [fabric store] sales!) some came from the JRB sales, some from the arrow head sales, some has been bought in Australian Dollars, US Dollars, and Bolivian Bolivianos; and I don't remember how much it all has cost me.

TH
    my hammock gear weights total: 2430g (~86oz)
    Winter: total 2521 (~89oz)
    (see my profile for detailed weights)

gram counter, not gram weenie!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast