Hola folks! First off, hope everyone had a great Christmas, I know I did. My little boys are fantastic, but I am glad to be sitting here with my feet up and a bourbon by my side. Been lurking for several months, and thanks a lot right now to all those that post their knowledge here.

About me: longterm resident of Ca's beautiful Central Coast, proud son of a Park Ranger, former Scout, fisherman, "mid-weight" backpacker, and father of two of my own boys (the oldest went on his first trip when he was just under 4). Up till now I've been an exclusive tent guy (gotta share walls with my boys when we're out) buuutttt... I did a few solo trips this year. One of those spots had great brookie fishing, but literally NO tent ground... there were trees though. Lead me here to you all.

REALLY thought I'd be getting a WBBB today based on some unintentional "wishlist" reveals I stumbled on, but it was not to be. Apparently the synapse between the Amazon wishlist tool and WB's website did not actually fire. Not complaining, just disappointed. Now I'm thinking, was it fate? I'm right at 6'4" and hold steady at 255. That's within spec for the WB, right? Any better options? Anyway, I'll get back to my penny pinching, wife begging, and forum scouring.

In closing, thanks for the super-friendly forum. It is so refreshing when every third post isn't a flame. Any of you who lurk / frequent fishing or firearms sites know what I mean. Thanks again, I'll be lurking.