Hammock
    ENO Double & HH Expedition
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Quilts rule!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Tim, better read the fine print on the HF moderator's contract. Artlcle 7, paragraph 3

I bet if you got Txulrich's boys out to Mt. Rodgers that would work.

Grizz
    It would take us 2 or 3 days just to get there!!! BSA rules that we have to drive the speed limit (almost never happens ) and must stop after 10 hours.

Our Old Goat Patrol has been known to put up some pretty good chow. Pot Roast, some tasty mexican dishes, stew, breakfast burittos. I better stop now, I'm getting hungry.
    Peace,
    Joe

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by txulrich View Post
    It would take us 2 or 3 days just to get there!!! BSA rules that we have to drive the speed limit (almost never happens ) and must stop after 10 hours.

Our Old Goat Patrol has been known to put up some pretty good chow. Pot Roast, some tasty mexican dishes, stew, breakfast burittos. I better stop now, I'm getting hungry.
    I want to join your patrol. Ours ("the Seasoned Oaks Patrol") tends to stick to freezer bag meals. Which are alright, as far as they go. But they don't run to Fine Dining like you guys.

Grizz

(must be getting close to lunch-time...)

Images
    Was out about 10 days ago with Doggiebag and a few others. He took to the ground on this trip wanting to give his pooch Aldo a warmer place to sleep. I still hung. We were down in MD and the first night I hung in the Shelters loft was nice to avoid the wind. It was 9 degrees when I sent to sleep and was warm all night. No real change from other setups other than I stuffed all the pockets on my Clarks NA with inflated ziplock baggies. This my clothes and, yes i was bundled up pretty well, my Therma-rest was all I used. We have another trip planned for mid Jan in NY along the AT if any fools wish to join us for a 3 day treck in the snow and ice.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Moderator shall atttend all officially sanctioned HF hangs (established by plurality to exceed 33%, achieved in public balloting open to all HF members). In said official capacity moderator shall provide 1 (one) hot dinner to attending participants, in total comprising at least 3575 calories. Menu for same shall be established no more than 7 days before event by public balloting among registered participants. Moderator may at his discretion discharge this obligation through employment of caterer, Pizza Hut delivery, or Boy Scout Troop-errant.

hey, no fair... jeff didn't tell me about the fine print
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    hey, no fair... jeff didn't tell me about the fine print
    Well, we were in the process of writing new regulations, that (as of today) have superceded the old ones Grizz quoted from. It's still secret so I can't publish it all here, but basically we changed "...provide 1 (one) hot dinner to..." to "...judge 1 (one) hot dinner from..."

Gotta find out how Grizz got ahold of that old copy...

“Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Well, we were in the process of writing new regulations, that (as of today) have superceded the old ones Grizz quoted from. It's still secret so I can't publish it all here, but basically we changed "...provide 1 (one) hot dinner to..." to "...judge 1 (one) hot dinner from..."

Gotta find out how Grizz got ahold of that old copy...

Just look in your computer's access log files. Textbook pentetration and grab. Came in from Romania (home to half of Europe's brown bears). IP address 81.181.203.20. Catch me if you can

Grizz

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12