Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    fwiw essentially the edge is the same tarp as the OES deluxe, just a tad smaller. so it will look nearly exactly like the OES deluxe does with doors on it. it will just be a few inches smaller and be a slightly different color fabric.

Option #3 not discussed, and somethign you need to think about. you want the tarp in spinn, but the doors should optimally be made out of silnylon so they stretch. so make sure when you decide on your tarp you factor this in. if you buy the door kit seperately this won't be a problem, but you probobably don't want to just buy 1 giant tarp and expect to make doors our of spinn...

Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    I have been looking for a tarp with integrated doors, too. Since Brian says on his website that he does custom work, I contacted him. But I never got a reply. I figured that I had to wait until Scott is back in business.
    I would try to contact him again (email or the like) as sometimes the emails to him go into his junk folder, there have been threads started about this and Brian has usually responded to both the thread and email and said that he either did not get the email, or missed it on accident!

No one is sure when Scott will be back making tarps again, there were hints of a time frame but they have long since past! Scott made a beautiful tarp, but you won't find a tarp manufacturer on HF that is going to copy his design, or make you something like his design, a lot of pride and comradeship between all vendors here (which I love by the way)!

But if you have a different design in mind, well thats a horse of a different color now isn't it!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    fwiw essentially the edge is the same tarp as the OES deluxe, just a tad smaller. so it will look nearly exactly like the OES deluxe does with doors on it. it will just be a few inches smaller and be a slightly different color fabric.
    According to the OES site and the Warrbonnet site the dimensions of the Edge tarp 126"x94" is more on spec with the OES Standard 125"×84"

Option #3 not discussed, and somethign you need to think about. you want the tarp in spinn, but the doors should optimally be made out of silnylon so they stretch. so make sure when you decide on your tarp you factor this in. if you buy the door kit seperately this won't be a problem, but you probobably don't want to just buy 1 giant tarp and expect to make doors our of spinn...
    Yes you are correct, through the testings that were done it was found that sil doors perform much better with less problems! But doors on a tarp can be any fabric you choose as if you are having a tarp made with the ends cut in such a fashion that the have the ability to form something like door's!

I know you said option 3 not discussed, but I don't think cutting up a tarp for door's would be anyone's option, but if there were the thoughts of DIY they could very easily get spinn material (or any other material for that matter) from many different sources if one wanted to go the DIY route! Which is a great Starter DIY (or easier DIY for ones not that good at the sewing thing, like me!)

Just tryn to help, not picken on anyone!!
    Last edited by Cranky Bear; 12-27-2010 at 12:02.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    The main reason I mentioned the edge tarp is because his desire to go light. So the detachable doors would be a good option. A maccat with sewn on doors, either from brian himself or 2qzq would be awesome as well if you don't mind consistantly carrying the extra weight. I'm sure it won't be much.

The edge also seems to have less extreme cat cuts for more coverage. But I'm sure if he's looking for a larger tarp the maccat deluxe would be great. I'd love to have one. I go to brian's site daily and gulk, haha.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The tarp in the OP's post is my DIY BlackCrow tarp and pretty much the same dimensions as the Edge tarp.... I love the size.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    I would try to contact him again (email or the like) as sometimes the emails to him go into his junk folder, there have been threads started about this and Brian has usually responded to both the thread and email and said that he either did not get the email, or missed it on accident!

No one is sure when Scott will be back making tarps again, there were hints of a time frame but they have long since past! Scott made a beautiful tarp, but you won't find a tarp manufacturer on HF that is going to copy his design, or make you something like his design, a lot of pride and comradeship between all vendors here (which I love by the way)!

But if you have a different design in mind, well thats a horse of a different color now isn't it!?!?!?
    Hey, I just found that Warbonnet is now offering the Superfly with attached doors! How could I miss this!! Guess I know what my next order will be. A pity that I can't order now, seeing that I'm travelling for the next couple of months

Banned
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    i don't think i ever mentioned anything about cutting up a tarp. just that if he wanted to pull the ends in like shug did, that he'd probably be better off just getting sil doors on a spinn tarp like the edge instead of a 12x15 spinn tarp and closing that up...

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    fwiw essentially the edge is the same tarp as the OES deluxe, just a tad smaller.
    Actually, The Edge is closer to the standard than the deluxe.
    The Edge - 126"x94" 10 oz
    OES Standard - 125"×84" 10.2 oz
    OES Deluxe - 144"×104" 15.4 oz
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Images

OES Standard

I have an OES Standard and I am wondering if I can add additional tie outs and turn it into something like Shugs beautiful tarp. What do you all think?

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    I have an OES Standard and I am wondering if I can add additional tie outs and turn it into something like Shugs beautiful tarp. What do you all think?
    I don't see why not
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Hey, I just found that Warbonnet is now offering the Superfly with attached doors! How could I miss this!! Guess I know what my next order will be. A pity that I can't order now, seeing that I'm travelling for the next couple of months
    I was just reading through this post and was thinkin " I thought the superfly came with attatched doors?" glad to see you know that now. I know thats what I'm orderin soon. I do see it's a backordered item right now.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast