Hammock
    ENO Dub
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    pad, BA ins
    Suspension
    webbing + whoopie

New Suspension Yard Test - Any Advice on Ridgeline?

Just received the complete suspension kit from JRB this week and decided to set up the rig in the back yard. Here are a couple of pics. I'm really happy with the goods!

Does anyone have suggestions on how to add a ridgeline to this set up? I ran the continous loop through the end channel of my ENO. I have no experience with ridgelines but have read about the benefits on the forum.

thx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hinterland gear
    Insulation
    down bag
    Suspension
    strap & E.T.'s
    Images
    If you're not into diy then whoopieslings.com has adjustable RL's that are basically large whoopie slings. I would recommend putting one of those on. Once you get your RL dialed in you could swap it out for a fixed or with an extra long whoopie you can turn it into a foot rope as well ( a little something Barefoot Child showed me).
    Good luck,
    RED

My Youtube Channel

Deep peace of the running wave to you.
    Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
    Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
    Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace without end to you.
    adapted from - ancient gaelic runes

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    I'm a noob to hammocking, but I have learned to tie many useful knots/hitches/wraps over the years racing sailboats, backpacking and whitewater rafting. About a $1 and some postage will get you a great little, very practical, book on knots complete with practice lines.

http://www.amazon.com/Klutz-Book-Kno...3415012&sr=1-1

Most of the knots I know, I can tie in a matter of seconds. A working knowledge of knot tying solves a lot of problems related to stringing a ridge line, clothesline or tie-out line. I will be using knots/etc for a while before spending $$ on systems I may or may not use. It's a cheap way to figure out what works for me or not.

I recently learned to tie a Zeppelin Hitch, which is very easy, very strong, non-slipping and solves the problem of tying down my zeppelin (or joining two lines together without going through the hassle of a sheet bend).
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    you have a super easy setup to add a ridgeline. I would go through the channels just like you did for the continous loops and have about 2 foot extra. Almost any strong line will do. The extra is so you can adjust it till you have it right where you want it. If you put it on the Dutch Biner you can also remove it for when you want a seat.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I used Dynaglide for my ridgeline. With your JRB Suspension it will be easy to add. Just your favorite loop in one end of the Dynaglide (slipped double bowline would be my choice), clip this into the Dutch 'Biner, the run the other end through the other Dutch 'Biner and add an adjustable loop. I used the sliding carabiner hitch (this is one hitch I have no idea what the name is!). Basically you tie the end to the carabiner (I used a slipped bunt-line hitch) then, after you run it through the Dutch 'Biner, you will 'wrap' the main part of the ridgeline around the back of the carabiner 4 times. You really need a round shank carabiner for this. When loaded it will hold very well, but unloaded you can slide the carabiner to adjust the length. I have an image somewhere, I will see if I can find it.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    This will give you an idea. This mini-'biner is attached to my tarp ridgeline guy point (the black webbing in the image) and then wrapped around the tarp continuous ridgeline. This way I can adjust my tarp between the trees easily; the same way some people use Prusiks but I use the carabiner for adjustment. On your hammock ridgeline you will take the cord that exits to the right through your Dutch 'Biner, then it will be tied to the carabiner where the black webbing is in this image.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    ENO Dub
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    pad, BA ins
    Suspension
    webbing + whoopie
    Guys- Thanks you all for the tips. I am honored to get quality advice from the experts who make this forum great! I now how something ideas to run with when I find time to tweak the rig.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GR8.2.B.A.Mnteer View Post
    Just received the complete suspension kit from JRB this week and decided to set up the rig in the back yard. Here are a couple of pics. I'm really happy with the goods!

Does anyone have suggestions on how to add a ridgeline to this set up? I ran the continous loop through the end channel of my ENO. I have no experience with ridgelines but have read about the benefits on the forum.

thx
    Nice job on hanging your hammock.
    So many new to hammocking stretch them too tight between the trees.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 12-29-2010 at 13:32. Reason: cant spell cant type

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch

Question same?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    If you put it on the Dutch Biner you can also remove it for when you want a seat.
    i never really thought of that until my d.b's came. previously my adjustable r.l. was locked under the fixed eye girth around the whipping.

i assume moving the ridgeline up to the biners, off the actual hmmk whipping, maintains all geometry and physical properties of the angles / sag?

***hmmks, angles, geometry and physical forces STILL perplex me*** but it sure is comfortable
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

• + New Posts