ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Chinook 14X12
    Insulation
    KAQ w/ deep winter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Potentially my first hang!

Well, We didn't make it to Linville Gorge this trip due time time schedules (wives and children) but we are going to try and get a one night campout done tonight on our property in Morganton. Now our wives have tried to keep this camp out from happening but we are trying to push on through. It is about 29* right now and still have some snow on the ground from Saturday and Sundays snow fall. I found a couple good trees and threw the old hammock up everything went up pretty slick, just like in my backyard, then I got a cheap bluie 8X10 tarp from wally world and put that up using the fixed ridge line with prussiks and trail toggles then I tried different bungee cords and para cord setups on my tarp pull outs. I do have pics but will have to wait until I get home to upload. Gonna try and slip out and meet up with the other guys in an hour or two, hopefully the kids will go to bed!! Wish me luck!!

Tbull

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    Good luck and stay warm!

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Chinook 14X12
    Insulation
    KAQ w/ deep winter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Got a few hours!

Well I met up with the guys and it was about 26*, I just threw on some sweat pants and sweat shirt, just to see how warm I would be without all knids of thermal gear on. I strung the KAQ, made a few minor adjustments, climbed in and slid into my 0* mummy bag, I was pretty darn cold. After I got settled in and stopped moving around I started to warm up and low and behold I was really toasty. The only cold spot I got was my toes when I was on my side and my heels when I was on my back, I found out after I got out that I had an air gap, which was causing my problem.

I am very very impressed with the KAQ with the Deep Winter upgrade, Thank you Paul and everyone at AHE!!! Great quality!!

So after a few hours of warm coziness, I was summansed by messenger back to the house to help out with sick kids. Oh well, at least I know everything works, just got a little tweeking to do and I'm ordering my 14 X 12 Chinook tarp today!!!!!!

Here are some pics of my set up!

Tbull
    Last edited by Tbull55; 01-02-2011 at 11:52.

• + New Posts