DD Traveler + GT UL
    Tarp
    DD+HH sil UL
    Insulation
    DD UQ + CCF pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by genegene View Post
    For the time being I would say that if you want an under quilt you will have to use it inside the hammock, but then would it still be called an under quilt?
    No, it would be called "compressed under your weight, and useless". UQs only work when allowed to loft, otherwise they lose a lot of R-value.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Cheapo HF camo
    Insulation
    SA down throw UQ
    Suspension
    HF straps w/ rings
    If I'm understanding the pics I'm seeing, it seems like you could use a 1/2 or 2/3 UQ, over the bugnet and between the pockets. Put some clothes or something in the pockets.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I just connected a JRB under quilt to a Chrysalis I got yesterday.

I had already modified it with shock cord along the entire length. I used mini biners and connected the 4 corner tie outs of the JRB to the 4 tie out points that the Chrysalis has at the outside ends of each spreader bar and then snugged up with the shock cord to the main suspension lines.

Pulled the UQ right up maybe 6" above the sides and then tucked the entry flap in between the UQ and hammock.

Snug as a bug in a rug.

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    I just connected a JRB under quilt to a Chrysalis I got yesterday.

I had already modified it with shock cord along the entire length. I used mini biners and connected the 4 corner tie outs of the JRB to the 4 tie out points that the Chrysalis has at the outside ends of each spreader bar and then snugged up with the shock cord to the main suspension lines.

Pulled the UQ right up maybe 6" above the sides and then tucked the entry flap in between the UQ and hammock.

Snug as a bug in a rug.
    Can you post some pics of the set up for us?

Right now I am placing a very light sleeping bag on the inside of the hammock to help. I'm not having any issues with it and I'm not getting the CBS that one can expect with out an UQ, but with the sides as shallow as they are, it likes to fall out a little bit.

I have been looking at the Mt Washington for a little while thinking that it would do the trick, but not sure how the ends would sit where the end pockets are.

GG

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    The JRB fellows were discussing ways of making UQs fit a Chrysalis at Mt. Roger's a few weeks ago. If they don't chime in, you should PM them.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Chime....

JRB UQ will fit, two additional tabs make it easy and neat... give us a call to discuss 800 595 0413.

pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Pictures say a thousand words but since I don't have a pic yet I'll give you the thousand words

A few months back I watched a video of the War Bonnet UQ and how it hangs with shock cord so I did myself a little project and ran scock cord through the top edging on my Mount Washington convertible. Worked great on my BB where it would stretch sideways and loop up over my feet and up over my left shoulder and stay in place.

I used the same process on the Chrysalis by using the JRB mini biners attached to the EC top cover just under the ends of both spreader bars where there is a small loop for I suppose attaching guy out lines. Since I had a lot of SC on it I ran it up to the main suspension line and binered it there.

Then I ran a small shock cord from the gathering cords that are in the centre of the UQ head and foot ends up to the biner at the top.

Sounds complicated but works like a charm and keeps the sides of the UG about 6" higher that the hammock body where it dips lowest in the centre.

Yesterday I was thinking about cold camping so I put my summer 2/3 UQ inside between the hammock and the full length UQ and it was the perfect size to attach to the hammock the same way I did the MW3 UQ, with the same mini biners at the head end spreader bar. The lower part of the summer UQ wa tied to the main UQ where JRB has the split for converting the MW3 from 2/3 to full and has ribbon.

That night I woke up sweating on my back so it's definately working fine and gives 5 different options of how much insulation is needed.

I tried a lot of pads in the EC and don't like any of them, the bare hammock is by far the easiest and most comfortable to use. Sleep in it every night since I got it on closeout for $99

I did cut the head end spreader bar down by two inches though so the fabric up there was more relaxed under my head and this stopped me from sliding down into the hammock further than I wanted.

Sold my BB because I like this one so much

Hammock
    Warbonnet 1.7DL
    Tarp
    W.B. BMJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    I did cut the head end spreader bar down by two inches though so the fabric up there was more relaxed under my head and this stopped me from sliding down into the hammock further than I wanted.

Sold my BB because I like this one so much
    Have you done the mods to the unit to make it lighter for the trail? I want to start ordering the parts soon so I make it more compact and fit in my pack more.

Eventually I would like to try another type of hammock but funds are a little tight right now, so I will use what I have and love every minute of it.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I travel mostly by motorcycle so the weight doesn't bother me. I can see how changing the main suspension would save weight and if you have a tarp then get the bug screen and not use the camper top.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12