I've seen a few posts recommending people pass on the Clark Tarp and get a better aftermarket one. I've also heard that a couple of times from people. So, as I get ready to order my Clark, I'd like to better understand what is wrong with these tarps. I can order a Clark without a tarp, but it only offers about a $55 discount, which doesn't really cover a good ultralite tarp from most places. In other words, it's cheaper to get the Clark tarp with the Clark hammock when I purchase it.

Since good and bad are subjective, I don't want to get into a war of it's good versus bad. I would like to hear your opinions, on either side, however you feel on the topic. If you have recommendations, a better tarp, a size of the Clark tarp that is good, whatever, please let me know.

Now, about my usage as usage will also impact what is good versus bad.
The hammock I am planning on is the North American, not carrying extra weight for poles. I'm small, and don't mind it wrapping at my shoulders.
For winter hangs, I plan to use a Winter Dream tarp or Superfly type oversized tarp. This will allow me to setup an A-Frame type enclosure and stop breezes. This type of tarp weighs a bit more, so I do not plan on using it outside of winter (when it can ride in on my pulk, instead of my back)
For non-winter hangs, I plan to use something smaller and lighter. For this use, I was planning on using the Clark tarp (XL or Vertex) as it is fairly light and more cost effective. Good idea? Bad idea?

Thanks everybody.