Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Does is pack down pretty well? I was assuming it's probably about the size of your average sleeping bag.. close?
    I put it in a compression sack. Here's a photo with a Coke can next to it for size comparison. Much lighter than a sleeping bag, too.

almost identical size to my Marmot Sleeping Bag, that's perfect. Have you used yours in the summer months at all? Are you able to regulate the warm fairly well with it and not cook yourself?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    almost identical size to my Marmot Sleeping Bag, that's perfect. Have you used yours in the summer months at all? Are you able to regulate the warm fairly well with it and not cook yourself?

I've not had a chance to use it it warmer weather. It's mainly for deep winter. The times I've used it I've snugged it up tightly, but it's easily adjusted at either end in case it needs to be dropped away from the body to allow ventilation.

hmmm I think I might have to order one of these in the next few weeks. Thanks for all the help guys, MUCH appreciated.

Hammock
    wbbb 1.1 dbl black
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex Fly
    Insulation
    new river kaq
    Suspension
    whoopies
    slo, i'd like to thank you for asking all the questions i havent got around to asking yet, i'm still in research mode for many of the same things you seem to be asking about. i'm as new at this as you are....carry on dude!!

Hammock
    Claytor no net, hammock sock
    Tarp
    Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Speer Pea Pod
    I have synthetic KAQ underquilt which is homemade. I added two extra layers of Climashield for insulation. Last winter was able to take it down to twenty degrees. Synthetic underquilts are very windproof. I think that the winter upgrade would work for you.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Chinook 14X12
    Insulation
    KAQ w/ deep winter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I plan on putting my brand spanking new KAQ New River to the test tonight in at least 29* weather, I have the deep winter upgrade (found on page 4 of the online store), I plan on giving a full report. From what I have heard I expect exceptional performance. The customer service will make you a life long customer

Tbull

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    If the Winter Upgrade is what Alan has, that will get you through just about anything; that is one thick quilt!

My brother has the New River regular and LOVES it. And I hafta admit, it is a really nice quilt. i was reading in another thread about 600 FP down and the new climashield weight difference, and there isn't much: maybe one ounce in that quilt. A bigger difference would be 800-900 FP down, but again we are talking about a few ounces I think. I have both down and synthetic, and I like them both.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

thanks spike, glad others are benefitting from the brain pickin' goin' on 'round here.

JJ-Thanks, that little piece of info is a huge seller for me. Like I said before, the breeze under my butt is what really induces my discomfort.

TBull-I can't wait for it, spare no expense and tell us all about it bro. Us newbs are eager to see.

Rat-Seems everyone who has them loves them, that has to speak for itself. I need my gear to be idiot proof as I am not, so if it can keep me toasty AND work in multiple environments it's lookin' for and more like theright choice. Although someone did just mention something about a Bear Burrito from AHE...

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    So onto the questions. I am looking at the New River UQ. Anyone have one of these or have used or seen them used with opinions on them? Pros and cons?
    I have only had the New River for 3 months but it has been in the field about once a week. This is a good UQ that I will continue to use when I car camp, but the size will limit it to that.
    Pros:
    Well built
    Easy to install and open or close the gaps. (I expected it to bunch up at the ends but it sealed up nicely.)
    Fits very well on both of my hammocks (grosgrain loops to help snug it up and eliminate CBS)

Cons:
    Pack size (This is a big piece and it eats up pack real estate)
    Hope this helps...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast