Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

?'s about AHE NewRiverUQ

I'm such a dolt I've only been lookin' at downUQ's and never thought to consider synthetic until reading a HHSS thread that mentioned AHE UQ's... As warm as down may be, I'm a worste case guy and synthetic is a worste case material for me. Just because you'renot supposed to get down wet, it'll happen to me. My camelback will leak or something, never fails. Price also is fantastic, MUCH more affordable for me.

So onto the questions. I am looking at the New River UQ. Anyone have one of these or have used or seen them used with opinions on them? Pros and cons? Also I see the price listed 155.00 but he mentions making it a 4season quilt with the winter upgrade and pay differential... I didn't find what the differential was. Anyone know how much more it is to get a 4season? Also, does it cost more for the 6' vs. 6'6" and if so, what is it?

Hammock
    hh explorer
    Insulation
    undecided
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    i think its $35.00

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I'll let others handle the opinion I do like them though And stick to the specifics, the Winter upgrade is $35. and can be found at the bottom of the KAQ Page on the site. and no the long does not cost more than the regular, same price for either of them.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    I love mine. I have said it many times and i'll be glad to say it again. I do not have the winter upgrade but mine has easily taken me to 24 degrees.

4 Season Upgrade

With winter approaching all Kick *** Quilts are now have the option of being upgraded to a full 4 season quilt with the "Deep Winter Upgrade." Simply pick the quilt of your choice and the Upgrade, paying the cost difference from our standard 30 degree rated Climashield to our new 0 degree rated 4 inch lofting 4 season grade Climashield.

That's all I could find on the bottom of the page regarding DWU, but I'm not the brightest crayon in the box Much appreciated you guys, I was figuring it'd be around that, glad it was.

Now for opinions? Like I said,I'm a noob to this and this is a purchase I probably wont pull the trigger on until I'm 100% sure about my info and know it's the best for me for what I need. In saying that, Ishould probably mention the conditions I'll bein.

I do wilderness trips as well as overnighters and weekend hikes/camps. This includes kayaking or canoeing as well. I need something that can handle a tipover, so synth obviously for this. I also go yearround and need something that will seriously protect me from the elements. On a lot of trips I will be past the point of no return meaning you'll have to deal with your situation by yourself with what you have.. Would you trust a synthetic when it REALLY matters? I guess I see so much hoo-ha for down cause it's so comfortable warm andlight that it makes me skeptical of synthetic. Fears misplaced?

Quote Originally Posted by eflat7 View Post
    I love mine. I have said it many times and i'll be glad to say it again. I do not have the winter upgrade but mine has easily taken me to 24 degrees.
    Andyou have the ENODBL too, nice. So it fits your hammock really well? Let me ask youthis, with a regular UQ, not the DWU UQ, and a fleece sleeping bag do you think I'd be able to handle temps in the teen and 20's? Or should I bring a 0degree bag too? Do people use SB's with UQ's? Could I get by with a large throw as a TQ?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Sorry, if you click the picture or the "4 Season Upgrade" header it will link you to the item in the store to add to the cart with the quilt of choice.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

ahhh, like I said I'm not the brightest All the info I need right there on the DWU UQ. Much appreciated. How wind resistant are these quilts? I find most of my CBS comes from wind moreso than actual temperature.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    I absolutely love my XL New River with upgrade. It fits my Blackbird perfectly and I modified it to fit my HH Desert Rat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I absolutely love my XL New River with upgrade. It fits my Blackbird perfectly and I modified it to fit my HH Desert Rat.
    Does is pack down pretty well? I was assuming it's probably about the size of your average sleeping bag.. close?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast