After getting my winter quilts from StormCrow, I have completely changed my mind on winter and snow – I used to hate winter, since it put my outdoor hobby on hold, now I can't wait to get out in the snow!

After a calm new years eve with the family, I decided to head for the local woods for an overnighter in the hammock.

At the moment we only have temps just below freezing at night, so it wasn't a challenge in the winter quilts - but nice and warm.

After only a few minutes in the woods I spotted a deer running - no big surprise really since we have a lot of them here, but somehow they always seem to make an impression on me. I wasn't fast enough with the camera, so you'll have to settle for a shot of the tracks

Half an hours walk later I spotted what seemed like a deer highway in the snow, so I decided to set camp near by. Maybe I was lucky enough to have them visiting me later?

Ahh sun light! It almost feels like spring - except for the cold temps and the snow of course

I took a short hike around the area and took this photo below of the camp seen from a distance. My hammock is in the middle of the picture. Not really stealth, but not many people would have noticed my camp.

I had a great view of the "deer highway", so I was hoping to see more deer during the trip - but unfortunately they all decided to stay away from me. An owl did fly over me while I was relaxing in the hammock though.

The sun was setting so I crawled in the hammock, grabbed my head lamp and decided to read a good book.

Normally our local woods would've been very quiet, but all night I could hear people using up the rest of their fireworks. It was actually very calming, so it didn't take me long to go to sleep that night.

Happy new year to all my fellow hangers

/Wild