WB Traveler
    Tarp
    HG 4 season cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ/Burrow TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    TinaLouise,

+1 on the Terramar silk liners!! I love them, in fact when the fingers finally wore out of my first pr, I just cut the tips off, great for cool morning hiking. I buy them 2 pr at a time. I had a pair of them under a pair of smart wool liners and was very comfortable, taking them off as soon as my hands warmed up.

I actually took a pair of the hand warmers out with me when I ran out of the toe ones, but didn't end up using them, since it was just a couple of toes on one foot cold.

One thing I discovered last night after reading a post on BPL, is that the warmers have expiration dates...didn't know that , checked and mine were out of date (I'd had them a good while) which could explain their half life. I'm going to test some new ones. I like the hot water bottle idea, and for car/canoe camping, or emergency, I'd use it, but it takes fuel and water=weight, so I hope the warmers will work.

Another thing I overlooked was a pair of sock liners I used to use for skiing, they are by far the loosest fitting socks, and under my loose fitting,fuzzy, thick smart wool socks,which I only wear to bed, they likely would have performed better than the two wool socks I ended up using, as after checking the top of the inner pr was a little restricting. And, when changing socks, I didn't let my feet completely warm before going back outside....easier to stay warm than to re-warm business and all

I did learn a lot from the test, and have even greater respect for my gear now as well.

Leigh
    Leigh
    aka LookinUp

He who would travel happily must travel light.
    Antoine de St. Exupery

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Not sure if anyone mentioned down booties in this thread or not. I initially had cold feet issues and they solved it very nicely. Feathered Friends makes a very nice down booty, or you might check out Goosefeet for a lighter option.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12