Thanks everyone for the input last night, some of it posted after I'd gone out and read this morning, but mirrored much of what I actually did.

First, I get up at 4 AM daily, and go to be about 8,at least in the winter, so I was in the hammock by 8 (35*), I knew the coldest weather would be just before sunrise, so my plan was to stay out to at least 6.

I did have a hearty meal before setting out, was well hydrated throughout the day, but refrained liquids after 5, hoping not to have to make too many trips out of the hammock.

Clothing started with:
Capilene 1 bottoms under fleece lined stretch pants
poly sock liners, heavy wool socks and Goosefeet booties w/o shells
Merino 1 top with MB down inner liner jacket, which came off immediately(the jacket) I had a fleece top but never used it.
Regular Buff around neck, and fleece cap(I had a fleece balaclava, and fleece neck gaiter, but didn't need them)
wore a layer of silk under wool glove liners, which only stayed on til my hands warmed.
My hammock set up is to the left, except I had my new tarp doors

My toes were the only cold spot, even with the above, but I'd taken a couple pairs of Toastie Toes, and they did the trick, although they only lasted about three hours, not the 6 hrs they claim....would like to find some that work longer. Got them at Walmart.

1st bathroom break 12 AM 30* frost covering the inside of the tarp, which I'd hung fairly low since the wind was blowing from the north 10-15mph, forecast for 5-10 overnight, it diminished to no wind as the night went on.

At 4 AM (temp 28* and headed down)I came in for a second bathroom break, at which time I changed from capilene one bottoms to Cap. two, and traded the fleece pants, for regular hiking pants since that's what I actually wear on the trail.
I also switched the poly sock liners for another pair of light wool socks to go under the heavier ones, and upon inspection found I had lots of hand warmers but no more toe warmers . I ended up keeping on the shells that come with my down booties, and topped everything off with the down pants and jacket.
For me, a 5'5" 130 lbs, fairly small boned older woman, I was very comfy except the toes on my left foot. I was not uncomfortable, but would have appreciated the toe warmers. My biggest surprise was not needing the extra 1/4" thinlight pad I had; my 3/8" doubled was just right.

The actual weather report in the nearest town, 15 mi. away, was 25 by 5AM, my thermometer read 23, which because I live in a depression, I believe was accurate. I snuggled for another hour, heard a lone coyote howl, and a pair of Barred-Owls chattering back and forth, as well as the old white feral tom cat walking through the brush next to the house, yowling as he went. I was really hoping he wasn't going to drop by and claim (read spray) my tarp as his territory, fortunately not.

It's great to know for future trips, that I can hang at these temps, surrounded by down, not sure what it would have been like with a wind chill factored in, guess that's for another test .

Leigh

PS I share Bradley's sentiments about this "family", and appreciate the experience collectively held and shared here. While the average person doesn't really get my need to go out alone in the wilderness, I'm not chastised for it here.

Happy New Year everyone, may it bring you lot's of time outdoors!