Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Scott, so sorry to hear about your mother in law. Our thoughts will be with you and your wife. Take care.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Been doing a bit of research this morning. The first Upper RedFish lake was stalked with Graying fry 3 times in the last 1 years and the next two lakes were both stocked 3 times with Westslope cuts on about the same schedule. It's been a couple years since the last stocking on them so even the most recently stocked fish should be of decent size now.

O and 5!!! days left!!! Getting antsy.

Any more of a head count of who will be here would be a big help so we can finalize plans for dinner Wednesday night, number of shuttle boat laps Thursday morning........and so on.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    DIY 11' double layer 1.1
    Tarp
    huge DIY camo
    Insulation
    DIY 9oz. Primaloft
    Suspension
    7/64"whoopie sling
    I won't be coming. Got too much school and other stuff. I hope you guys have an absolute blast!!

PF
    It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Formerly known as Acercanto, my trail name is MacGuyver to some, and Pucker Factor to others.

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness. - Randy Glasbergen

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Sorry to hear Pucker. Do good in school, it's worth it. We'll catch you next year.

LawDawg just called and is having some back trouble so he is headed home to recover.

I'll be shooting out a few PM's with my number to those that have said they plan to make it to try and firm up plans on when and where to meet at.

Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    If Law Dawg isn't going to make it, will we have anyone staying at the base camp? It will make a difference on what I bring. I don't want to haul a bunch of fire wood we won't need.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    At this point I don't think that there will be anyone staying at camp. And I'm half thinking we should just plan on going down to smilie creek for dinner on wedensday. That means less gear to manage in camp for that night and less to pack in the morning. We can then just leave cars in the trail head parking lot and not have to pay for extra time in the campground. Dblhammock is going to make it late Friday and will try to catch us at camp on satuday.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    I heard there were big fish in the river just outside of Stanley. (steelhead & salmon) Is this true? Have they made the trip inland yet? If so, I might have to check on Wed morning.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    At this point I don't think that there will be anyone staying at camp. And I'm half thinking we should just plan on going down to smilie creek for dinner on wedensday. That means less gear to manage in camp for that night and less to pack in the morning. We can then just leave cars in the trail head parking lot and not have to pay for extra time in the campground. Dblhammock is going to make it late Friday and will try to catch us at camp on satuday.

I agree that we should do dinner at Smilie Creek. I don't want to leave a bunch of camping gear in my truck unattended. I'll still bring some stuff to keep us comfortable the first night.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by MuseJr View Post
    I heard there were big fish in the river just outside of Stanley. (steelhead & salmon) Is this true? Have they made the trip inland yet? If so, I might have to check on Wed morning.
    I have seen the Sea Monsters you speak of late in the summer. Bring Ahab and a stout harpoon.

Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    I agree that we should do dinner at Smilie Creek. I don't want to leave a bunch of camping gear in my truck unattended. I'll still bring some stuff to keep us comfortable the first night.
    It sounds like a good plan to me. I will be bringing my outback oven...we can make cinnamon rolls again as well as a cooler fully stocked with brewed beverages.

Images
    I'm getting excited for y'all! Wishing I was with y'all! Which camp are you staying in the night before hiking in?

We stayed in Chinook, where a fellow named Garth was camp ground host. It was 31 that morning, coldest of the trip. This is where something gave my hammock a good solid nudge about midnight, enough to cause it to "swing", though I am not 100% sure I did not dream it. When I sat up and looked around, there was nothing to see.

Also, that 1st night was the best hands down for star gazing, after the other guys head lights were turned off(my batteries were dead). The Milky way was incredible, with a at least one mega spectacular shooting star. That was so, so beautiful!

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast