Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Ozark hang

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Just got home this morning. I had a great time and want to thank smokehouse for the work of organizing. I was great to see last years group as well as the new faces.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    the one SmokeHouse made us

Ozark Hang

Just checking & see everyone seems to be back home with good memories and plans for the next time!!! Just for the record, while I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take some credit for the hang, I can't. It is all because of Eric (hikerdoc) knowing the area (trails, elk research center etc...), Mike (smokehouse) making plans & pushing things along, Dave (Burning cedar) providing signs at the hwy (for those of us -me! who are directionally challenged) the 1st year & a great,awesome looking banner this year. Old Gringo with his wood, beans, conversation and Stumo, now known as Smokebait, with his gifts and expertise that made this trip wonderful. Gosh, I can't think of a better way to get a bunch of folks together who don't know each other but like to do this " hangin' thing" and the result is new friends, new places, new equipment to talk about , try out, swap, buy , use/ abuse and just enjoy being in the outdoors. ANd i dont know who put in the request for the great weather that obviously got thru to the right place but man it was picture perfect. FUN FUN FUN& thanks to EVERYONE who was there. You made my trip!!!! see y'all soon.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    No trip report?

I know I saw cameras...
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    No trip report?

I know I saw cameras...
    We'll work on posting some of the evidence in the next day or so... just got home after an adventurous trip south.

Just got our gear dried from the Sunday night deluge, made it to the post office for my special package from Devin, and already have too many irons in the fire. I miss the simplicity of the Ozarks already.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Insulation
    Down
    Images
    Hi folks, I had a blast meeting y'all this weekend. The hanging was good, the hospitality was great, and the hike was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the potluck dinner, although I think that the particular concoction of beans and macaroni blew my underquilt clean off. Probably voided the warranty too Thanks also to SmokeBait for the raffle; I won some #1 S-Biners that'll be put to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    I know I saw cameras...
    Here are my pictures that I took while I was there: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_sum...7626263898346/

See y'all there next year. My wife is excited about it already

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlhaircut View Post
    Hi folks, I had a blast meeting y'all this weekend. The hanging was good, the hospitality was great, and the hike was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed the potluck dinner, although I think that the particular concoction of beans and macaroni blew my underquilt clean off. Probably voided the warranty too Thanks also to SmokeBait for the raffle; I won some #1 S-Biners that'll be put to good use.

Here are my pictures that I took while I was there: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_sum...7626263898346/

See y'all there next year. My wife is excited about it already
    Nice camera work. I did not hike this year but some of the photos looked familiar from last year.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    I'll have the video ready this weekend...

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Commerative Decal Available

Some interest was expressed in having a decal made with the logo that was on the banner. I think I can do that This is how it will look (click on the image to see a larger version):

Hammock Decal.jpg

So here's the deal: I will make available to each attendee one decal at no charge (size is approximately 3-1/2" x 4"). If you want more than one, they will be $1.50 each to help cover my cost.

You can get your decal in one of two ways:
    1. If you're going to the Billy Creek, OK hang, I will bring them with me (please let me know in advance).
    2. If you're not, you can mail me a SASE and I will mail the decal to you. Send this to:

David White
    FASTSIGNS of Olathe
    13511 S Mur-Len Road, Suite 134
    Olathe, KS 66062

Please give me a little time to get your decals mailed. I want to do this all in a single print run, so I'll wait until everyone's had a chance to order before printing and shipping.

Enjoy!

p.s. If you're going to the Billy Creek hang, there's a pretty good chance you'll also have a Billy Creek labeled decal waiting for you when you get there.
    David

The road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with weary feet, Until it joins some larger way, Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
    -Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Commerative Decal Available

Some interest was expressed in having a decal made with the logo that was on the banner. I think I can do that This is how it will look (click on the image to see a larger version):

Hammock Decal.jpg

So here's the deal: I will make available to each attendee one decal at no charge (size is approximately 3-1/2" x 4"). If you want more than one, they will be $1.50 each to help cover my cost.

You can get your decal in one of two ways:
    1. If you're going to the Billy Creek, OK hang, I will bring them with me (please let me know in advance).
    2. If you're not, you can mail me a SASE along with the payment if required (no PayPal for this little amount please) and I will mail the decal back to you. Send this to:

David White
    FASTSIGNS of Olathe
    13511 S Mur-Len Road, Suite 134
    Olathe, KS 66062

Please give me a little time to get your decals mailed. I want to do this all in a single print run, so I'll wait until everyone's had a chance to order before printing and shipping.

Enjoy!

p.s. If you're going to the Billy Creek hang, there's a pretty good chance you'll also have a Billy Creek labeled decal waiting for you when you get there.
    David

The road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with weary feet, Until it joins some larger way, Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
    -Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Thanks, David. Very generous of you!
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts
  • Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast