NANO 7
    Tarp
    4 season pole mod
    Insulation
    DIY down U.Q./T.Q.
    Suspension
    whoopiesdutchhooks
    Images
    So I was supposed to post this weeks ago so sorry to all. Here is my pif an altoid tin full of good stuff for catching fish a snare wire, fire starting stuff a couple of bandiads and some paracord and
    as far as the rulles go ill pay to ship and then you the claimer need to pay for shipping for your pif nice and simple.

AND GO!!!

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Thread update ending 4-25
    From what I can make of this mess, Here are the current PIf available and the possible future pifs list. I would like to request that if your Pif isn't not claimed, try to give it a bump everyday until its taken so we can keep track of whats available, that would make it much easier to follow this. IF you claim a pif make sure which pif your referring too and announce confirmation of the claim so we know its off the table for sure. ALSO if you claim a pif try to post your new pif as soon as possible, Even if you cant put a pic of it up right away, that doesn't seem to matter for people to get the idea of what it is, it really slows down the thread when replacements are not posted for a few days. Although I think we all understand that there may be a reason for not getting right to it. Personally when I claim something i like to make sure I have a replacement ready to go before i make the claim. There are no formal rules to this, but we should try to keep it as easy and fun as possible.

Here ya go for the latest available. If there are errors with this let go ahead and post the corrections. It was hard to keep track so i hope its right.
    If there are errors in this, please point them out!

Current available PIFs

3-19 JCINMA (20:02) offered sierra cup
    4-1 jeremesh offered 2008 AT thru hikers companion and travel battery charger (11:22) post 1069
    4-1 photojag offered Paracord Braclet, " A walk in the woods" by Bill Bryson, and a camelback, (20:28) post #1122
    4-4 lustreking offered 4 Soft Shackle Prusiks made of mason line (12:49 ) post 1196
    4-4 RustyNails offered a hobo tool (see post) (16:58 ) post 1197
    4-5 Big Papi offered Dana pack cover (21:42) post 1272
    4-6 Kallorne offered FIxed blade Knife (12:25) post 1225
    4-7 tanker0707 offered copy of Bill Bryson's "In a Sunburned Country" book and 50 ft of parachord (11:38) post1243
    4-8 mmmm Scotch offered climbing grade 7' tree huggers (10:49) post 1252
    4-9 NewtonGT offered water purifier tablets and S+W KNife (20:12) post 1268
    4-9 NewtonGT offered outdoor products cooking set (23:53) post 1272
    4-10 Dangler offererd propane stove +utensils (23:46) post 1284
    4-14mega 82 offered Walks and Rambles on the Delmarva Peninsula book (8:42) Post 1314
    4-14 lustreking offered Into the Wild book 9:29 post 1317
    4-14 NewtonGT offered Hydropack minus bladder (22:37) post 1332
    4-15 Go2Stillwater offered Nalgene bottle carrier. (17:05) post 1361
    4-18 SamD offered Flint & Steel Set (15:55) post 1382
    4-19 Photojag offered ladies size 9 sandle. (20:07) post 1397
    4-20 Millergear offered slapstrap pro set, (19:07) post 1406
    4-20 Two Tents offered waterproof vermont long trail map. (14:27) post 1418
    4-21 Peg leg offered microfleece pullover XL. (21:52) post 1420
    4-22 SamD offered signal whistle and flint and steel. (21:32) post 1443
    4-24 Millergear offered Grab Bag (see post) (01:11) post 1481
    4-24 Just Hang it offered altoid tin full of good stuff (see post) (13:09) post 1491
    4-24 Kallorne offered 11ft of 2" polyester seat belt webbing (22:12) post 1493
    4-25 Oneeye offered Book on tree species western US, and 4 amsteel soft shackles (15:05) post 1505

Incoming PIFs to watch for
    Paul Hope claimed pants from Jollyllamma Confirmed 3-11 @ 16:54 Post 542 page 55
    Smalls took whoopie slings from jhunt87 3-31 @09:24 post 1024

Newton GT claimed Stove and Sierria cup from Kallorne (21:12) post 1411 4-20
    Boothill took Convertable pants from oneeye (00:26) post 1423 4-22
    Photojag took Whoopies from Kayak Karl 4-22 (16:10)post 1433 4-22
    Sharethetoys took stove from Roadrunnr72 (12:09) post 1459 4-22
    John Sawyer took daypack from Captn (12:27) post 1461 4-23 ( will post new pif next week)
    tanker0707 took cat Stove from Kallorne (21:06) post 1467 4-23
    jhunt87 took woodstove from Kallorne (21:06) post 1467 4-23
    Youngmoose took cat stove and fosters pot. (14:49) post 1512 4-25

Please post your pending return item before you claim something else. I think we all agree that is just good manners.

ABOVE PENDING PIFS HAVE RED DATES WHEN ITS BEEN LONGER THEN 7 DAYS WITHOUT POSTING THEIR PIF.

I am thrilled to have the pending offered list so small, way to help catch it up everyone.

As a note, If you have a PIF offered that has been on the table for some time, you might want to consider changing it or adding something to it This will make it something that might be more desirable to other members and thus promote the thread. Remember its all in the spirit of Goodwill towards others, As we said any item offered doesn't have to be worth as much as the item you have taken, but it does have to be worth shipping.
    Some suggestions are items you can make that others might not be able to or have the time to make,
    Supplies that are needed, like para-cord, fire-starters, shock-cord.
    Even head to a Good Will store or 2nd hand store keeping the pif in mind as your mission, You will be surprised what you will find in pans, radios, backpacks, shoes, or pants, shorts, and jackets. Even down jackets or sleeping bags sometimes. Most for only a few dollars.
    This will make the PIF more interesting and fun for others to jump into.

There you have it, 6 possible items to be posted and 26 current items listed. I sure hope this is accurate for yall. Its so easy to lose track. Updated 4-25
    Thanks to Dutch, Shug, Myteathor, Mundele Smalls, Jollyllama Fronky and Rjcress, ChrisH, Moxie, tanker0707,Mancat, ^shane^,and mega82 adding PIFs without making a claim, That brings the total number of PIFs to 30 WOW!! ?. Two happy faces for yinz

Just a note, when you are saying in your post that "normal rules apply" we cant be sure what "normal" rules you mean as people have changed them for their own pifs as this has evolved. Below is a standard for us to adapt to and change as the poster would like.

1. The item offered below is free. I will pay shipping within Cont. USA unless arrangements are made otherwise.
    2. 1st to post they want it gets it. Also Send Pm to your claim to the pif poster with your address.
    3. You must also "Pay it Forward" by posting something free (the item must be worth the cost of shipping). Within 24 hours of your claim.
    4. Your "Pay it Forward" must also require the recipient to post their own "Pay it Forward" item

Feel free to change these as you see fit, its just a guide so newbies and others understand.

LOOKING FOR ITEMS FOR A SCOUT!!! Roadrunnr72 and Mega82 came up with the PIF For Scouts thread in the wanted section. Check it out and Give your support. Link
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=31487
    Last edited by Myteathor; 04-25-2011 at 17:26.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HG Asym, WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG All the way!
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    1. The item offered below is free. I will pay shipping within Cont. USA unless arrangements are made otherwise.

2. 1st to post they want it gets it. Also Send Pm to your claim to the pif poster with your address.

3. You must also "Pay it Forward" by posting something free (the item must be worth the cost of shipping).

4. Your "Pay it Forward" must also require the recipient to post their own "Pay it Forward" item

Today I'm offering 11ft of 2" polyester seat belt webbing that's gold in color. If you like I'll cut it in half and make some tree straps for you with one or two loops per side, your choice

SamD I will take the Flint & Steel Set and Signal whistle if it is still available.

I have my PIF ready once I get confirmation from SamD

Thanks,
    CC
    Last edited by canoecountry; 04-24-2011 at 21:26. Reason: adding to post

Hammock
    1.7 Dbl. WBBB Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Trap
    Insulation
    Merlin3 TQ/Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Canoecountry it is yours.
    U.S. Army Paratrooper, Combat Engineer, DAV (Life Member), American Legion (Life Member)
    NMLRA(1 of 1000[#249] & Life Member), NRA(Life Member)
    Perry Lodge #123 F&AM(Perpetual Member), Perfect Ashlar Lodge #12 F&AM(Perpetual Member)

3. You must also "Pay it Forward" by posting something free (the item must be worth the cost of shipping).

This is my first PIF, I hope it is OK? I claimed the Flint, Steel & Whistle from SamD.

I am offering up a NIB Pair of Rudy Project RB3 Sunglasses with microfibre bag and hard case. Smoke Black Lens and Matte Black Frame.

You can check them out here.
    http://www.sunglassoptical.com/shop/...cat=378&page=5

Nice glasses I just can't wear them, so someone should get some use out of them.

CC

Hammock
    1.7 Dbl. WBBB Hammock
    Tarp
    DD XL Trap
    Insulation
    Merlin3 TQ/Nest UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    someone should jump on these $175 sunglasses!
    U.S. Army Paratrooper, Combat Engineer, DAV (Life Member), American Legion (Life Member)
    NMLRA(1 of 1000[#249] & Life Member), NRA(Life Member)
    Perry Lodge #123 F&AM(Perpetual Member), Perfect Ashlar Lodge #12 F&AM(Perpetual Member)

Hammock
    Clark NX150
    Tarp
    OES 12x15, SF
    Insulation
    MW4, NO Snivler
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    I'll take the glasses.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoecountry View Post

This is my first PIF, I hope it is OK? I claimed the Flint, Steel & Whistle from SamD.

I am offering up a NIB Pair of Rudy Project RB3 Sunglasses with microfibre bag and hard case. Smoke Black Lens and Matte Black Frame.

You can check them out here.
    http://www.sunglassoptical.com/shop/...cat=378&page=5

Nice glasses I just can't wear them, so someone should get some use out of them.

CC
    I'll take 'em! (if I'm first that is)
    PM coming
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ