Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcress View Post
    Great idea, but why not just offer books as a PIF?
    If they go quickly, then that might inspire others to offer books. If they don't go quickly, then there may not be sufficient interest to support another thread.
    Just my $0.02

Love your daily updates, bro. Thanks.
    Thats what i was thinking initially, I just thought it could grow into another thread, particularly if you just plan on reading the book then reposting it. Bigfoot offered a good book in his pif and hasnt had a taker yet. It just seems like a book thread would be slower paced as people would use it more like a library then a pif type thread.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    GT UL, Multiple DIY
    Tarp
    I like DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Myteathor View Post
    Thats what i was thinking initially, I just thought it could grow into another thread, particularly if you just plan on reading the book then reposting it. Bigfoot offered a good book in his pif and hasnt had a taker yet. It just seems like a book thread would be slower paced as people would use it more like a library then a pif type thread.
    A slower paced thread will simply disappear into the back pages.

It's kind of market driven. If Bigfoot's pif isn't moving it may just be the particular book or it may be books in general. Someone here has a great sig line about the "plural of anecdote not being data". We simply don't have enough information to make a decision.

If you want to throw a book or two up then do so and the market will determine viability without any additional overhead.

Just my .02, HYOH.

-jeff

Hammock
    BB 1.1 + 1.7DL, TRAV 1.7DL, HHEXPLR
    Tarp
    Superfly, HH Hex
    Insulation
    3S Incubator & CN
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Dutchies
    I think keeping everything on one thread would be easier to keep track of...just my thoughts.

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    I think keeping everything on one thread would be easier to keep track of...just my thoughts.
    That was the point i meant about starting a thread for books, I didn't want to offer books as pifs, I meant to have a book exchange. If I put up a book I would expect to get a book to read in return. Not so much offering a book for gear ( not that there is anything wrong with that) If books were consolidated to its their own thread for exchange then it could become a complete library of books for those interested in it. If there isn't a interest in this, then I guess It wont be necessary to pursue the idea of it.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    GT UL, Multiple DIY
    Tarp
    I like DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    That was the point i meant about starting a thread for books, I didn't want to offer books as pifs, I meant to have a book exchange. If I put up a book I would expect to get a book to read in return. Not so much offering a book for gear ( not that there is anything wrong with that) If books were consolidated to its their own thread for exchange then it could become a complete library of books for those interested in it. If there isn't a interest in this, then I guess It wont be necessary to pursue the idea of it.
    MT - only one way to find out. Start a thread and it will thrive or not on its own. Not a lot to thrash about here, let's try it and find out.

And... Thanks for all the tracking you've been doing!

-jeff

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Incoming PIFs to watch for
    1, Paul Hope claimed pants from Jollyllamma Confirmed 3-11 @ 16:54 Post 542 page 55
    2, Jimmyo66 claimed camp towel from tanker0707 confirmed 3-22@ 9:47 post 803
    3,ganon414 took tarp flyz from dutch 3-24@ 14:59 confirmed post 909
    4, Just hang it took mini hammock camp chair from Bluenose Climbers 3-25 @17:53 post 933 confirmed
    5, Bluenose Climbers took a coleman oven from Jimmyo66 3-25 @05:44 post 946
    6,RustyNails claimed the cook pot, pack towel,squishy cup. and bottle stove from Boothill3-29 @23:03 Post #1010
    Updated 3-31 09:50

It's really ashame that there are this many older post that members have taken a PIF and have not returned the favor. My only hope is that they are just waiting to actually receive their PIF until they post one of their own.
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Images
    Syb - received the Hieney pot and toggles today. Thanks!!!

Images
    I'll post another PIF to get stuff moving again. Since the book exchange topic came up: a copy of Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine. This is the classic gram-weenie bible.

Same PIF rules apply.

I'll pay shipping.

--Matt

Hammock
    Eno Double Nest
    Tarp
    Kelty 9
    Bluenose is waiting for my item to ship. We are working on an arrangement being that this is a rather heavy item and it is being shipped to Canada. It's no fault of his.

Hammock
    not quite eno..
    Tarp
    10x12 DIY
    Insulation
    insultex+momentum
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    Have PM'd Just-hang-it re hardware kit and head-lamp- (believe his 4' straps are still available)

rules:

1) If you claim this PIF, then you are required to offer an item (of sufficient value to warrant the expense of shipping) for free in the PIF thread within 24 hours of confirmation that you will receive this PIF from me.
    2) When you post your PIF you are free to use these rules or alter them to suit your preference. However you must post your rules (as opposed to saying something vague like "the usual rules apply", and must require that the PIF be perpetuated.
    3) First person to let me know what they want in this thread (and via PM) gets them.
    4) I pay for shipping, You agree to pay shipping on your PIF

I have a pair of 'tent shoes' from Grand trunk- look like hospital booties, but more durable; might be great for those late night "tarp adjustment" trips, to keep stuff off your socks/booties- one size fits all 1.5 oz, shrink wrapped (!) - got them from LGL in the DVD roulette; feel the need to pass them on!
    your for the asking/PMing
    KM

• + New Posts
  • Page 104 of 209 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast