Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Thread update ending 4-1
    From what I can make of this mess, Here are the current PIf available and the possible future pifs list. I would like to request that if your Pif isn't not claimed, try to give it a bump everyday until its taken so we can keep track of whats available, that would make it much easier to follow this. IF you claim a pif make sure which pif your referring too and announce confirmation of the claim so we know its off the table for sure. ALSO if you claim a pif try to post your new pif as soon as possible, Even if you cant put a pic of it up right away, that doesn't seem to matter for people to get the idea of what it is, it really slows down the thread when replacements are not posted for a few days. Although I think we all understand that there may be a reason for not getting right to it. Personally when I claim something i like to make sure I have a replacement ready to go before i make the claim. There are no formal rules to this, but we should try to keep it as easy and fun as possible.

Here ya go for the latest available. If there are errors with this let go ahead and post the corrections. It was hard to keep track so i hope its right.
    If there are errors in this, please point them out!

Current available PIFs

3-19 JCINMA (20:02) offered sierra cup
    3-22 SamD offered "Flint and Steel" set with char cloth and Jute twine in an Altoids tin. (10:41) post 808
    3-23 Just hang it offered a set of 1" webbing tree straps 4' long (00:57) post 850
    3-23 bigfoot2 offered a copy of Into The Wild and a stainless steel flask and DVD(21:40) post 882
    3-27 Busky2 offered a Stansport Fanny Pack with 60 ft of mule tape (15:35) post 970
    3-27 packeagle offered (2) pairs of military issue running shorts (22:40) post #975
    3-30 Mancat offered Dockers Spandex beanie, a Camelbak, or a Fleece Vest your choice of the 3 (18:44 ) post #1016
    3-31 KerMegan offered grand trunk tent shoes (15:08) post 1040
    4-1 jeremesh offered 2008 AT thru hikers companion and travel battery charger (11:22) post 1069

Incoming PIFs to watch for
    1, Paul Hope claimed pants from Jollyllamma Confirmed 3-11 @ 16:54 Post 542 page 55
    2, Jimmyo66 claimed camp towel from tanker0707 confirmed 3-22@ 9:47 post 803
    3,ganon414 took tarp flyz from dutch 3-24@ 14:59 confirmed post 909
    4, Just hang it took mini hammock camp chair from Bluenose Climbers 3-25 @17:53 post 933 confirmed
    5, Bluenose Climbers took a coleman oven from Jimmyo66 3-25 @05:44 post 946 confirmed shipping pending?
    6,RustyNails claimed the cook pot, pack towel,squishy cup. and bottle stove from Boothill 3-29 @23:03 Post #1010
    7, Smalls took whoopie slings from jhunt87 3-31 @09:24 post 1024
    8, Big Papi took the camo camelback from Mancat 4-1 @ 11:37 post 1070
    9, Roundtrip took the Woolrich down vest from Myteathor 4-1 @11:47 post 1071 confirmed
    10, Bigfoot took Adjustable Structural Ridgeline from Moxie 4-1 12:47 post 1080 confirmed
    11, Fronkey took Adjustable Structural Ridgeline from Moxie 4-1 12:47 post 1080 confirmed

There you have it,11 possible items to be posted and 9 current items listed. I sure hope this is accurate for yall. Its so easy to lose track. Updated 4-1 12:54

Thanks to Dutch, Shug, Mundele Smalls, Jollyllama and Moxie ( nice move adding a extra for 2 people request!) for adding PIFs without making a claim, That brings the total number of PIFs to 20 WOW!! ?. Two happy faces for yinz
    Last edited by Myteathor; 04-01-2011 at 11:53.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    DIY DigiCamo Hennessy Clone
    Tarp
    DIY Hex tarp
    Insulation
    Modded CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images
    Sierra Stove claimed now, will send out as soon as I receive info. Still awaiting reply from JohnSawyer about claiming his PIF.
    Fulfillment is living a life that makes the lives of others worth living.
    DIY is addicting and fulfilling!
    "If guns kill people, then pencils mispell words, cars cause people to drink and drive, and spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat."

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    New pif time.....

1) If you claim this PIF, then you are required to offer an item (of sufficient value to warrant the expense of shipping) for free in the PIF thread within 24 hours of confirmation that you will receive this PIF from me.
    2) When you post your PIF you are free to use these rules or alter them to suit your preference. However you must post your rules (as opposed to saying something vague like "the usual rules apply", and must require that the PIF be perpetuated.
    3) First person to let me know what they want in this thread (and via PM) gets them.
    4) I pay for shipping, You agree to pay shipping on your PIF

Here is my replacement PIF . Choose one of the following.

Choice #1 Vintage functional seal and save unit.
    Creates air tight seals on seal-able bags, I tried this unit for packing food but have since moved on to a vacuum sealer, this one you will need to push out most of the air by hand then seal it air tight. Nice way to get started in packaging your trail meals. Works good.

Choice #2 Woolrich down vest,
    Vintage but in very good shape with nice loft, All snaps work good. Size Medium, I had my son try it on and he is a size large (6-2 200# athlethic build) It fit him very snug.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    GTUL/WBRR
    Tarp
    Ogee/Diy
    Insulation
    HudsonR/EE20/Leilo
    Suspension
    DynaWhoopie/Hugger
    Images

pif bump

1. I will pay for shipping
    2. You must also "Pay it Forward" by posting something free
    3. Your "Pay it Forward" offer must come with the same terms as this one. (That means you don't charge anyone a shipping fee)
    4. Your "Pay it Forward" claimer must also post their own "Pay it Forward" item.
    5. 1st to post they want it gets it. Include your Zip to figure shipping

1. DOCKERS MEN'S WOOL BLEND BEANIE/SKULL CAP new with tags. I bought one for myself and one to pif. It is super soft and very comfortable. One size fits all.

2. Military Grade Camelbak(no bladder and in very good condition)with 2 military add-on velcro pockets that are pretty beat up but still work very well.

3. Fleece Vest with hood. Size XL but it is pretty snug on me and I am medium build.

By the way if I don't respond right away it is because I am asleep. I work night shift.
    Last edited by Mancat; 04-01-2011 at 01:41. Reason: I just looked at the rules and I didn't like them. So I made some changes.
    "If animals could speak the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
    - Mark Twain

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! NO MORE WOOD!"
    - Mancat

Hammock
    DIY Table Cloth/ Jerry 5
    Tarp
    11x12' Hex Sil
    Insulation
    Various UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing or Etrunks
    Images
    My PIF still up for grabs
    Last edited by packeagle; 04-01-2011 at 00:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancat View Post
    1. The item offered below is free but you must pay shipping
    2. You must also "Pay it Forward" by posting something free (must be worth the cost of shipping).
    3. Your "Pay it Forward" offer must come with the same terms as this one.
    4. Your "Pay it Forward" buyer must also post their own "Pay it Forward" item.
    5. 1st to post they want it gets it. Include your Zip to figure shipping
    6. Your "Pay it Forward" buyer must also require the next buyer to post their own "Pay it Forward" item (copy and paste these rules into your PIF post).
    Here is my pif's:
    1. DOCKERS MEN'S WOOL BLEND BEANIE/SKULL CAP new with tags. I bought one for myself and one to pif. It is super soft and very comfortable.

2. Military Grade Camelbak with military add-on velcro pockets

3. Fleece Vest with hood

Pics are coming they are taking forever to upload from my phone.

Have the black version of that beanie and it's my go-to.. slim profile, conforms nicely, perect warmth for 3 season or winter.. easy to add something on top of it like a balaclava.. great PIF's you got there.

btw, you should post sizes, they'll go quicker

Hammock
    GTUL/WBRR
    Tarp
    Ogee/Diy
    Insulation
    HudsonR/EE20/Leilo
    Suspension
    DynaWhoopie/Hugger
    Images

which PIF's

Hey Packeagle are all your PIF's still available. I think you had three right?
    Thanks Slo!
    "If animals could speak the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
    - Mark Twain

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! NO MORE WOOD!"
    - Mancat

Hammock
    BB 1.1 + 1.7DL, TRAV 1.7DL, HHEXPLR
    Tarp
    Superfly, HH Hex
    Insulation
    3S Incubator & CN
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Dutchies
    Quote Originally Posted by packeagle View Post
    My PIF still up for grabs
    I'll take the Caldera Cone for the Heinie Pot!!!...Thanks.

Hammock
    Clark NA200
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 DLX/7 UL
    Suspension
    Stock Clark
    My next PIF is a travel battery charger that plugs into the wall (meaning it has no cord) and can charge AA or AAA batteries four at a time. also included is a 2008 AT thru hikers companion. I wouldn't use it on a thru but its good for planning distances and such. I can't seem to upload pics from my phone so will add those when I get a chance to hop on the laptop.

Use whatever pif rules you are comfortable with.

Edit: The Pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jeremesh; 04-03-2011 at 21:45.

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    I'll take the camo camelback. PM inbound

• + New Posts
  • Page 107 of 209 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast