Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch/Dynaglide
    Are all P.I.F. threads now donating members only?

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Quote Originally Posted by DraicKin View Post
    Are all P.I.F. threads now donating members only?
    no. in this tread rules get modified slightly, like originally the claimant would pay for shipping, but mostly here recently whomever is offering has been nice enough to cover shipping in the hope youd do the same for the next guy.

i modified my PIF's to ask you to post a PIF immediately with your claim post, to keep people from forgetting. some ask that you be a donating member, which isnt too bad a thing. you get a lot for that $10!!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by REV View Post
    no. in this tread rules get modified slightly, like originally the claimant would pay for shipping, but mostly here recently whomever is offering has been nice enough to cover shipping in the hope youd do the same for the next guy.

i modified my PIF's to ask you to post a PIF immediately with your claim post, to keep people from forgetting. some ask that you be a donating member, which isnt too bad a thing. you get a lot for that $10!!
    I dont believe anyone is allowed to claim that only a member can grab it unless your in the the other Pay It Forward thread. this thread is for everyone. I completely agree with the hey you cant claim this is you have claimed one before or hey you cant claim this if you have claimed one already and havent posted a return PIF. but I believe the members only claim is for the other thread
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No See Um
    Tarp
    Walmart Special
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings!
    Images
    Yep, the rules DemostiX posted were from the other thread. This thread doesn't have the rule about Donating Members only. Never has. The rest of the rules are worth looking over pretty close.
    Constructive Criticism)
    This thread has kind of become more of a free for all swap meet instead of what it was intended for. The concept of Pay it forward is intended to give someone with very little something that is far more than they thought they could get. Anyone can get a cook set or a knife from Wal-Mart. Those are cheap. Pay it forward means that you take the good stuff you have that is extra and help get it to someone who couldn't hope to get it.

Sending me an $85.00 dollar knife or an old GPS because I couldn't afford one for myself is a pay it forward item. Getting a set of Whoopie Slings to a new guy that doesn't know how to make them or where to get them because they are so specialized. Putting a couple of Dutch Clips into someones hand because they aren't on his website anymore. Those are pay it forward items.

Watch the movie. Give far more than what someone else gave to you. The kid gave away more than he could. At the end, $40K plus cars were being given to people that really had a need. Take a breath and think about the heart of the Pay it Forward thread.
    Help a Boy Scout Troop in your area - become a mentor.

God created Firemen so cops would have heros.

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    yeah the other (with quite a lot more arguing) is members only, but was just saying that some people here modify the rules slightly to see things go to new and different people. i like the ideas of getting new blood/PIF's going. this thread has been awesome so far.

tad, good point. im new to hammocks myself and with the influx of all the others, its awesome if we can "inspire" others with gear!

on that note, i wish i knew how to make half the stuff on the DIY list. just attempted my first can stove...hahaha looked like a candle with a 9" flame
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    E.N. dbl, Exped Scout, G.T. pro
    Tarp
    H.H Hexfly,
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie pie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TadTheTinker View Post
    Yep, the rules DemostiX posted were from the other thread. This thread doesn't have the rule about Donating Members only. Never has. The rest of the rules are worth looking over pretty close.
    Constructive Criticism)
    This thread has kind of become more of a free for all swap meet instead of what it was intended for. The concept of Pay it forward is intended to give someone with very little something that is far more than they thought they could get. Anyone can get a cook set or a knife from Wal-Mart. Those are cheap. Pay it forward means that you take the good stuff you have that is extra and help get it to someone who couldn't hope to get it.

Sending me an $85.00 dollar knife or an old GPS because I couldn't afford one for myself is a pay it forward item. Getting a set of Whoopie Slings to a new guy that doesn't know how to make them or where to get them because they are so specialized. Putting a couple of Dutch Clips into someones hand because they aren't on his website anymore. Those are pay it forward items.

Watch the movie. Give far more than what someone else gave to you. The kid gave away more than he could. At the end, $40K plus cars were being given to people that really had a need. Take a breath and think about the heart of the Pay it Forward thread.
    Actually, this thread for the most part at the beginning was to pass along gear to someone who could use it rather then sell it, the recipient of that thread would then pay it forward by posting something that was something other people might want or need, the items didnt have to be worth the same value or increasingly better value. Just so long as you paid your good fortune forward. I had wanted to put a baseline of rules on this thread long ago but when, after a few of us discussed it, it was decided to trust in others good faith. It went well for a while, but human nature mandated the update to be put in place because many were not following through with their Pif by posting a return item. The update kinda kept it honest, All though human nature being what it is, I still get reports from members saying that their items they claimed were never received from the pif sender, (even I have a few items i never received) And we were disappointed but wrote it up as another donation to the thread.

Most of the people who didn't follow through were people who were not on this site very long or people who ONLY posted in the pif thread making multiple claims and not putting up return items or posting items that were not worth claiming or shipping. That is probably why the other thread has started being members only. If someone is serious enough about the site to pay 10 bucks to be a member, then they are usually they type of person that would follow through with his/her pif or other sale on this site for that matter.

I have donated several items to this thread to promote it. As well as many others who donated items without making any claims in return. If we got up to over 30 items available that means at 30 items were donated out of good will. Its up to us to police ourselves individually to continue to promote that good will in this thread. Let your conscious tell you if your actions are acceptable, or the item you have offered is acceptable. That is the only thing we can do in a thread based on generosity with no real set rules.

My thanks to those who have kept the update going since my workload has kept my activity on this site down. Working several 12 hour days in a row makes it difficult to get things done at home let alone check out the HF site.
    Last edited by Myteathor; 06-09-2011 at 17:49.
    "They sell canned water ...they call it Coors."

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No See Um
    Tarp
    Walmart Special
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings!
    Images
    Myteathor,

Your explanation is part of why I haven't claimed anything here. That and I don't feel I have anything worth PIFing back.

It got so convoluted I couldn't keep track of who claimed what and who was donating what. I am so glad you and others have tried to make sure it stayed updated.

I hope this thread can keep going and do some folks some good.
    Help a Boy Scout Troop in your area - become a mentor.

God created Firemen so cops would have heros.

Banned
    Hammock
    WBB 1.7 Double,DIY traveler
    Tarp
    hennessy hex,DIY
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    No bits on this so I will up my offer to the multi- tool and one Surefire 6p.

Bigbogg

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbogg View Post
    My next Pif is going to be one Boy Scouts of Americs Four-inch Multi-Tool. This even has a flash light on it. It is used but in good shape. Would be noice for any Scouter. It is a little on the heavy side. Comes with case. This is offered in the place of the Grease pot.This will make me up to date. And I am sorry for double grabing the back to back Pifs and not offering anything better the firt time around.

Bigbogg

Attachment 23132

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    Clark Pockets
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have not done this yet... but I will bite that surefire sounds nice...
    What all do I need to do?

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliteoomph View Post
    I have not done this yet... but I will bite that surefire sounds nice...
    What all do I need to do?
    Private message bigbogg about his PIF then Post a PIF of your own. and Post the rules at the bottom of your post. thats one thing alot of people forget
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

• + New Posts
  • Page 205 of 209 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207 ... LastLast