Images

Last minute questions before new suspension.

Got my amsteel and lash-it in last night from Redden and have been playing with the lash it making some continuous loops and reviewing my plans for my system conversion on my HH.

I want to explain my plans and get some feedback and make sure I'm ready to go with my UCR.

I plan on doing locked brummels on each end of each side and attach to the hammock like seen in Ken's sticky video.

How long should the bury be for the hammock side and tree side loops?
    9 inches seems to be the common length I see.

I plan on using Frawg's o-ring trick.
    I am curious. Is it possible to thread one end directly down the end of a section or do you HAVE to go in through the side?

Just for aesthetics it would be neat to trap the o-ring inside a back splice. I'll have to play around and see if that's even possible.

is 9 inches the UCR bury length as well? So there's 3 nine inch bury sections on each side of the hammock?

Something like this.

Tree strap > Locked brummel >UCR > locked brummel > hammock.

I also want to swap out the stock ridge line with lash-it.

I currently have my ridge moved to the outside of the bug netting via some paracord as I'm too cheap to get the zipper mod
    I've tried sleeping on top of the bug net and it works just fine although its probably more prone to abrasion than the hammock fabric.
    On a side note, the inside now makes a nice double layer style pocket to stick my pad into.

I expect I'll have a home made from scratch hammock before I see any bugs again anyway.

Anyway, what is the recomended bury length for the lash it?
    I'd sort of like to make it adjustable and am mulling over setting up the ridge line as its own UCR maybe.

I'm probably forgetting about at least 5 things.

thoughts? suggestions?

Hammock
    HH Exp Asym Zip
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webing
    I have just made some locked brummels on my whoopie slings and only used a 4 inch bury. According to the thread on locked brummels stickied at the top the bury should be 1 1/4 fids. With 7/64 Amsteel a fid is 21*7/64 or 2.29 inches. So 1.25 fids would be 2.87 inches. I went with 4 inches as I figured more was better but did not want to loose a bunch of line in the bury. 9 inches would be a huge bury on a locked brummel in my mind but maybe there is something I am missing.

Now the bury for the constrictor is another matter. I did 10 inch buries on my whoopie slings as I seem to remember that being the recommended length. I know that UCRs are more prone to slippage than a whoopie but I don't know if a longer bury would help or just adding weight to the unloaded end of the UCR.

Images
    I decided to over engineer it all and went with a full foot for the locked brummels and the UCR bury length. The foot on the brummels attached to the hammock gets wrapped around the end anyway so its not adding to my suspension length and the weight is negligible.

• + New Posts