Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    So far, I've had good dealings with Larry and Magna and will continue to buy from them. I received a material sample today that I asked for in an email late Last Thursday.

Sorry to hear some of you had problems.

Smile

Taz is being far from truthful. On the automated service we typically are providing same day or one day service. I am personally inspecting every roll prior to it shipping.
    On the roll of black cordura that he purchased I noted a defect and I did offer to return the payment in full. Taz did not want a refund and we did have to hunt down a different roll and he only $7 additional even though there we shipped about 10 yards additional.
    Admittedly, there was a lag in our response since we are very busy at this time, but we did ship him a lot more fabric than he paid for in order to make him happy and we see no reason why he so negative.
    If you look at the comments from all of the other customers lately you can see both our fabric and our response time has been excellent. Also, I want to thank the members of this forum for the continued support that they have been providing.

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    EE 20 / Phoenix20
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    I was recently a member of one of the group buys for the ACU 1.1 ripstop. It is great material and I have already made a double layer hammock with it. It took a while to get but I attribute this to the group buy with all the repacking / reshipping.

I would be much more willing to buy from Magna if shipping were not so crazy expensive. For me its not important that it gets shipped on a roll. You can fit quite a few yards of material in a medium sized USPS flat rate box for $11. I have ordered from Noah Lamport and for a $5 cutting fee they were able to get 25 yards in one of these boxes. This seems reasonable to me.

Larry I don't know what your inventory turnover is like but it seems like this may be an opportunity to move some goods out of the warehouse

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome Larry! Seems your company has been mentioned around HF for quite some time, with high hopes of inexpensive fabrics for our burgeoning DIY community. Some of those hopes have been realized. I hope that more will be.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    DIY and a Lawson
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Poncho liners
    Suspension
    big fat webbing
    I realize this is an old subject, but I just wanted to mention that I have had great transactions from Magna. All of the fabric I received is just what I expected, even the third quality stuff. Mr. Fink has always been a great help.

Once you realize that these guys buy huge amounts of roll fabric and turn it right around to the public at great prices, it makes sense that they don't do custom cutting. That costs more and takes a lot of time to do. Working for one of the major upolstery suppliers to the wholesale market, I used to spend entire days cutting short pieces of yardage (less than a roll) for customers.

Keep it up Larry, I have two more orders in the chute right now.

magna fabrics

Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    I visited their shop this week and was met with more fabric than I think I've ever seen in my life - a huge warehouse with floor to ceiling racks of fabrics.

The owner said he didn't sell to individuals but I informed him of our group here and he raised a slight eyebrow. He mentioned that he contracts a lot for military applications and I was able to see a heavy coated ripstop with camo on one side and a military tan on the other. The tan was some sort of DWR material but don't know much about that sort of thing so I can't tell you more than that. I asked about 1.0, 1.1, 1.7 and 1.9 ripstop and he said if enough yardage was needed he could get it and at a very reasonable price. The part about "enough yardage" means hundreds if not over 1,000 yards of the stuff. I'm not a cottage shop (nor do I want to be) so I have no idea if those guys and girls use/order that much.

This is the part where we shouldn't get our hopes up. First, the shop is moving it's operation to North Carolina soon, possibly by the end of the month. This could result in delays in communication with the owner. ***
    Second, in speaking with a few cottage guys here and from the posts in this thread, the owner seems very disinterested in working with anyone except the big business he already has. Third, he was very quick to rush me out of his shop. I understand people are busy but I was actually trying to create more business for him. Perhaps he doesn't think we're worth it. Lastly, the prices from the website are very attractive but that's only if yardage reaches four digits. I'm not sure what the break even point would be with that much yardage and shipping etc.

I'm following up with him this week and I'll update here after I speak with him. Again, please don't get your hopes up as some of the cottage shops here have tried to work with this company in the past and nothing has come of it - *** communication from the company has been spotty (at best) and they've acted like they couldn't be bothered by us 'little guys'.

We love to sell to hammock makers. When I ran a warehouse with a big staff I often did not have sufficient time to work with walk-in customers since my time had to be shared with many different responsibilities. At this time, I have downsized the company and it is much easier to attend to individual requests for samples and information. In addition, being able to post the information on the internet allows the customer to view the information at their convenience. Also, I now ship directly from the factory which allows me to make both smaller sales and to keep our prices significantly below any of the other vendors of similar fabrics.
    That is, at this time, all is well and we offer some very good deals on a wide assortment of fabrics for hammocks.

Hammock
    DIY bridge hammock
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    @MagnaFabrics, even though this is an old thread it is good that you've followed up here. I'm glad to hear business is doing well and I hope some of our members will (continue for those that have used you) utilize your fabrics. Also, include a link in your signature for folks to find you easier.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutch Hex, DIY
    Insulation
    LLG Saver TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Beetles
    Wow! I just checked out the site. At $0.59 - $0.79 per yard for tarp material and the same for 70 Denier 1.9 oz nylon hammock fabric, you can't go wrong. Too bad my daughters don't like tan and olive green, lol.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I'm still using a double layer hammock made from 1.0 Fabric I bought from Magna several years ago. It's a digital Camo and I love it!
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast