Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by d-p View Post
    Ramblin, what do you think is a reasonable order for a mill to set up the looms and do a run?
    I don't know. I never got that far into the process but I would think it is probably in the multiple thousands. Each mill probably has its own standards. There may be some short run mills around but I wouldn't know how to put you touch with any. Plus.. unfortunately most fabric manufacturing is out sourced so there are precious few mills in the US anymore. I've been out of touch with that kind of fabric use for some time.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Angry RE: Magna Fabrics.

Hi SYB and other's. I just wanted to give you all an update (and perspective) on how Larry at Magna Fabrics does business. April 1, 2012 I ordered 25 yards of Black 1000D Nylon Cordura off their website for $3.99 / yd. I have been buying 7 yards for $49 off of Ebay ($7 / yd) till I found Magna Fabrics online. After sending Larry $99.75 + $33.97 S&H Total of $133.72, I waited 4 days for an Email from them saying it was shipped.. Nothing. So I called, talked to Larry on the phone.. tried to give him my order # and instead he asks "What did you order?" I said, "25 yards of 1000D cordura nylon Black.". His reply.."Oh yeah.. I remember that.. umm it hasn't been sent because I didn't like how the fabric looked, I'll tell you what.. I'll send you a little more for your trouble and I'm sorry it took so long to send it.. it'll be in the mail today, I guarantee." That was on Wednesday, April 4, 2012.. last week. Monday (2days ago) I called again.."Larry, did you send the product?".. again. his reply.."Oh uhhh no, I didn't like how the 25 yards looked.. tell you what.. send me an Email and I'll send you a 32 yard order.. can you afford an extra $15 for 7 yards?" "Yes, I can.. but, Larry.. this is now over a week and I'm the one having to call you to check on my order." His reply.."I'm very sorry.. just send me an email and I'll send it to my secretary and she'll send you an invoice on Paypal for $15.. as soon as you pay, I'll send it Priority." Well, I sent him an Email.. Nothing from them all day.. so I called him AGAIN yesterday, "Larry, did you get my Email so you can send me an invoice for $15 on paypal?".. Reply, "Oh.. uhhhh... yes. Yes I did and I sent it to my secretary but she didn't understand what it meant. Let me go talk to her and explain it to her. I'll have her send you an invoice immediately." *click*
    5 hours later.. at the end of their closing day I got the invoice to pay. So here I am.. Wednesday, April 11, 2012, 10 days and $148.72 later, I just left Larry an Email (I just called 45 minutes ago but only got an answering machine), Told him that he has my money now for 32 yards.. I'm tired of waiting and I want my product. Well.. we will see.
    Hey SYB.. was Larry the "owner" that you talked to when you went there? I'd like to know. I searched for complaints against Magna Fabrics and I saw 10 against them with BBB but they aren't registered with BBB. All complaints were with product and mailing problems. Apparently they have CRAPPY product along with Larry's incompetent, irresponsible, rude and inconsiderate care or concern for other people and his DILLIGAS (Does It Look Like I Give A Sh*T) attitude towards customers. I'm in Central Ohio.. I might have to take a lil drive to the East Coast myself if this isn't taken care of fast.
    My Advise.. DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS INCOMPETENT MORON!!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I hate to hear this. We had a long delay when we ordered ours in the last little group buy. Partly because it was lost in shipment & partly because Larry was slow to send another order. I think it took 2-1/2 months. He did send me a DWR product sample here a while back pronto though.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Unhappy

That's really sad, LD. I got an Email back from him at 5pm today. All it said was "Your order will be shipped today". I didn't get an Email confirmation or tracking # yet. Seems like this guy is incompetent and enjoys lying and blowing hot air up our.... just to get us off his back. It's pathetic. I'm calling him tomorrow to make sure it's sent and get a tracking #. BTW.. what's the best ripstop fabric to make your own homemade hammocks? That's my next project after I make these 4 tactical backpacks with MOLLE/PALS straps. Does anyone know the weight limit / tearing strength for the 1.9oz ripstop? I'm a big guy (280lbs) and need something that'll hold me. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by taz43055 View Post
    That's really sad, LD. I got an Email back from him at 5pm today. All it said was "Your order will be shipped today". I didn't get an Email confirmation or tracking # yet. Seems like this guy is incompetent and enjoys lying and blowing hot air up our.... just to get us off his back. It's pathetic. I'm calling him tomorrow to make sure it's sent and get a tracking #. BTW.. what's the best ripstop fabric to make your own homemade hammocks? That's my next project after I make these 4 tactical backpacks with MOLLE/PALS straps. Does anyone know the weight limit / tearing strength for the 1.9oz ripstop? I'm a big guy (280lbs) and need something that'll hold me. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    I wasn't in charge of the group buy but at one point the person who was almost gave up. And I'm not sure she ever got a tracking # but she did ask for one more than once. We finally got it and it was very nice 1.1 fabric that my current hammock is made of.

A 1.9 double layer hammock is what I gave a friend of mine that is about 280 and 6'5". He wanted the security that it would hold him and it's working out fine.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

I put an order in and about 5 days later I got my 20yds of 1.1 ripstop camo. The only issue I had was that one end of the role was not wrapped. it didn't appear to damage anything, just a little dirty is all.

dave

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY DWR nylon
    Insulation
    DIY pad
    Suspension
    Depends
    I went through Magna for 25 yds of 1000 denier coyote brown nylon 2 weeks ago. No problems, and because the original amount I bought not on a pre cut roll, he sent 27 yds, no extra charge. I will go through him again.
    An emergency of my own making...is still an emergency.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY DWR nylon
    Insulation
    DIY pad
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by taz43055 View Post
    That's my next project after I make these 4 tactical backpacks with MOLLE/PALS straps.

Huh. That's a lot of sewing. You have any pics?
    An emergency of my own making...is still an emergency.

Hammock
    Knotty Gathered DIY
    Tarp
    Hilleberg
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I bought 35 or 40 yards if 1.1 ripstop from them last summer. I didn't have any questions to ask them, I asked or read all I needed to know here at HF before the purchase. I got what I ordered in a timely manner. I would order from them again, and will once I use the next 20 yards of ripstop.

Hammock
    gathered-end /w sock
    Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    I wasn't in charge of the group buy but at one point the person who was almost gave up. And I'm not sure she ever got a tracking # but she did ask for one more than once. We finally got it and it was very nice 1.1 fabric that my current hammock is made of.

A 1.9 double layer hammock is what I gave a friend of mine that is about 280 and 6'5". He wanted the security that it would hold him and it's working out fine.
    I was also in that group buy and it took a very long time to get the fabrics from Magna, unfortunately. Lately I had the time to sew a wintersock and a WBBB "tribute". I'd say the fabric is worth the money but I wouldn't say it is good quality for a cheap price.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast