Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Images
    oh, we'll just have to wait and see, depends on lots of things, i would like to have a few hammocks a few tarps and cannibal's uq, but i have no idea really because i have never dealt with a manufacturer before, i'm sure there will be more unseen hurdles and problems before i actually get to the production runs, so i am hesitant to say what will actually be available.

hand make em yourself

but then it gets to the point where everyone wants one and you cant keep up.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    this hammock very short and very confining,i would get a neckache from h-ll in it,i tried jeffs out in hot springs,definately not for me neo
    No way! I admit that it is narrow, but only in the areas that I don't need it to be wide. Still, you're right there is no one perfect hammock for everyone. Good thing there are sooooo many to choose from.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Well, I lost a 2gig memory card somewhere between Denver and Orlando. Only a handful of pics from my Xmas Hang remain; thanks to me leaving a folder on Pop's computer desktop. Very sad, but I wanted to post the pic of me on Christmas morning experiencing a White Christmas. Can you say: "I should have put the tarp up"?

You can see where my head is by looking for the melted snow. Looks like my left shoulder might have been a bit chilly due to the UQ sliding around a little too easy. Problem was solved last week by adding a 3" strip of velcro to the spot where the UQ should be. Stays put all night now.

Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Well, I lost a 2gig memory card somewhere between Denver and Orlando. Only a handful of pics from my Xmas Hang remain; thanks to me leaving a folder on Pop's computer desktop. Very sad, but I wanted to post the pic of me on Christmas morning experiencing a White Christmas. Can you say: "I should have put the tarp up"?

You can see where my head is by looking for the melted snow. Looks like my left shoulder might have been a bit chilly due to the UQ sliding around a little too easy. Problem was solved last week by adding a 3" strip of velcro to the spot where the UQ should be. Stays put all night now.
    You were in that thing? Did the snow get in through the netting?

Yeah a tarp might have helped a little bit.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    You were in that thing? Did the snow get in through the netting?

Yeah a tarp might have helped a little bit.
    Yep! Woke-up about 3:30 with a really cold nose! The snow had weighed down the bug netting till it was resting on the tip of my nose. A quick 'punch' to the netting and it was solved for another hour or so. The netting did not let ANY snow through; surprised me! You can see the snow is thinner on the head end of the hammock from my snow removal.

Another lesson for the newbs about the length of webbing/rope on each side of the hammock. If you look at the pic in my previous post and the pic below, you'll see a big discrepancy in the length on each end. There was a dang bush right below the hammock if I centered on the webbing. If I didn't have the length on each end (12') I would not have been able to hang anywhere in Pop's yard. That extra few feet really pays-off sometimes. I had just enough webbing left on the head end to tie the slip knot; no extra at all!

Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456