HH Xped w/2QZQ#4 and HH ULBA
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG Phoenx|7DBurrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings/DCs

zipper mod & HH SS?

is the zipper mod (side entry) usable with the HH SS installed?

i watched a video and the overcover and undercover get lashed together with the side tieouts.

i guess if not, you could always use the bottom entry as the SS is designed for.

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    Yes you can use the SS with the zipper mod...for entry while using the SS bottom

zipper mod

Quote Originally Posted by storm1 View Post
    is the zipper mod (side entry) usable with the HH SS installed?

i watched a video and the overcover and undercover get lashed together with the side tieouts.

i guess if not, you could always use the bottom entry as the SS is designed for.
    Go for it you won't be sorry, have the same setup.

I used mine that way and did not have the bottom entry. The zippers do get a bit buried in the SS, but you just don't run them all the way up.

Images
    Having a zipper mod should allow you to make much better use of the SS( or any under quilt). You will be able to reach out and under to feel what is going on with the SS. To check for gaps or over tightening and loft compression of anything you might add down in there. And to make sure the pad and space blanket and added insulation are positioned exactly where you want them to be. I suppose the ability to do this might vary with which zipper mod you get.

Hammock
    GTSBP
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12x12
    Insulation
    Bag and Pad
    Suspension
    WS
    Images
    I just got off the phone with Hennessy and they told me NOT to use the Overcover and the zipper mod together. The Undercover will work, but you won't have enough room to get in and out with the Overcover and zipper mod.
    Has anyone used the Overcover and the zipper mod?
    Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ArsonHammockHanger

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    I just got off the phone with Hennessy and they told me NOT to use the Overcover and the zipper mod together. The Undercover will work, but you won't have enough room to get in and out with the Overcover and zipper mod.
    Has anyone used the Overcover and the zipper mod?
    The Overcover would be the only problem I can see. I suspect you would have to rig up some sort of mod so that you could lift one side of the OC out of the way while you get in from the side, and then secure it back into place once you are inside.

Or, if you kept the option of bottom entry, you could just do bottom entry when using the OC. There will probably be lots of times when you don't need the weight of the OC, when it is not way cold.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB, Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I have a 2Q mod 2 on my hennessy and a Shamu UQ. I was thinking to order a hennessy over cover to make a bit of a micro climate in the hammock.

I was thinking the maybe you could add a glove hook to the one lashing point on the side so I can flip it out of the way then get in and re hook the OC to the side.

Hammock
    HH-HBPA,2QZQ-Mod2L
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx Spinn
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & TiGoat
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64" UCR's
    Images
    Overcover can work with the supershelter. I just clipped a small biner to the right diamond tie out point of the overcover. It's a simple task then to clip and unclip the tie out point to and from the hammock tie out point from inside or outside the hammock. If net/zippers are used with the overcover, they are secured from the inside after clipping the overcover.

This said, I no longer use the overcover. Humidity in south Louisiana is a bit too high for any good effect to be had from it. Supershelter with emergency mylar sheet spread between the weathersheild and pad make up my standard bottom set. Synthetic mummy bag used as an overquilt with a footbox on top and I am set down to the upper 20's.
    H4x
    SM TR49, SR-875 "A boy learns integrity through his eyes, ears and hands."

"You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins, as quoted by Frodo The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    3xWBBB1.0dbl, XLC, DIY
    Tarp
    superfly, maccat d
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ/UGQ/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies, E.trunks
    on the topcover where the side pull out runs through, i cut the bottom side of the top cover and put to pieces of hook & loop. when getting out i unzip, undo the velcro and have no problems.
    i found this method easier than what TrailH4x suggested, i used his first. I just kept forgetting to grab the line or i dropped it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast